1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth get contracts

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/article/24feb14-youth-players-sign-pro-contracts-1378480.aspx

Good news for the club as we continue to develop youngsters. Two goalkeepers and a central defender. I realised as I looked at the photo's that they sit in front of us at the matches!! I'd better keep some of my more choice opinions to myself at the matches in future :D

The article also suggests contract talks are underway with some younger players, I guess that means Woods, Goldson and Taylor? Who else will there be? Is Bradshaw worth another contract? I think he is worth it as we need a range of players that can offer something different, as in a bigger squad with some more destined to be impact subs.

Who do you think is having negotiations?

2. Metashrew

Metashrew Member

We don't want Alex Ferguson.....just look what he did to United!!

3. Lenny

Lenny Well-Known Member

Goldson and Taylor are under contract for next season, so I'd be a little surprised if they were undergoing negotiations. Not a bad thing, though, as they're both smashing young players and the more security we, as a club, have with their deals, the better. Woods may be out of contract this summer or next, his deal's length wasn't disclosed. Either way, though, I'd like to see us trying to pursue an extension. Wildig is out this summer, so I'd hope we are pushing a new one there, and I think Bradshaw is decent enough as a cheap, young 4th choice with plenty of capacity to improve so would also give him a new deal.

4. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

I would have thought Taylor would be out of contract or did he sign a 3 year deal when he last renewed?

5. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Sorry. I see he renewed before the start of the season.

6. Lenny

Lenny Well-Known Member

Yep, basically all our young players signed new deals in the summer, Goldson and JT were both confirmed as 2 years but the others were undisclosed.