1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth development

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

Great news from the AGM last night stating that the club will invest the huge finance required to bring the academy to the new category one Elite Player Performance Plan. It's very costly short term but will obviously have major positives in the future should it be successful.

I'm afraid I've been a bit lazy and just copied a link from the Pink'Un but its an excellent summary of what was said about youth, debt, capacity and the AGM in general.

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2641922/ShowPost.aspx

K E M P likes this.
  2. Exile

Exile Member

It's all great stuff, isn't it? The news about the academy is very welcome, and could be the greatest effect of the success achieved here over the last couple of years. If it works, that above all else could secure the future of the club in the long term.

3. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

also, with the chaps down the road undecided about whether to invest (understandable, its an awful lot of money every year guaranteed to pay) it means we would clear up in this part of the world on ALL the east anglian talent. in the past we've always picked up gems from wales and the west country too but under the rules of the past decade, due to travel restrictions etc we have been so isolated. its no wonder we've struggled to bring through some quality players. this will change everything for us for the better and although i don't actually agree with the concept being brought in, its imperative we are involved at the top end of it when it does happen <ok>

4. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

5. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I_Clean_holtys_boots Active Member

"good luck with that lot" <laugh>

As for the youth development, fantastic news. A very important part of a football club that is in a position like our good selves and what better than to be able to offer top notch youth development and for it to be even better than what we already have is fantastic.

6. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

good news for the LT future of the team! i'm excited by this, and i hope we can sign up talent from outside the local area.
    the 90 mile rule stats are really amazing - City has the lowest catchment area in the whole PL and Football league!

7. I_Clean_holtys_boots

Weve secured wins against west ham, arsenal and now fulham today who are top of the league. We must be doin something right at this current time, could an fa youth cup be on the cards this season??

8. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

is that the U18s??

one thing i have noticed is the reserves aren't doing so well, which i assume is a result of us not having such depth in quality in our squad compared to rivals. Maybe a stronger academy will have a postive impact on reserves results in the long run as well

9. I_Clean_holtys_boots

Yeah, the u18's! Theres a few players names who keep popping up every week out of that team but the problem is, is that we offer contracts to the youngsters ie matt ball etc and never play them or dont loan them out to improve them which i do not see the sense in!!??

10. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

6 years later and we have had no less than 2 (two) break through to the first team.

JM Fan likes this.

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'm hopeful that we may also see Tofollo and Morris added to that count.
    Edit - I'm also hopeful that we may well see some of AN's 'dynasty' at the VERY least in the first team squad next season - Thompson, Godfrey and Maddison should all make it and IMO, there are others in the under 23 squad who could certainly be on the fringe of a squad place.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  12. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Add Middleton to the list and Effete as well. Prospects abound at Colney these days.

13. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks GE, I didn't add those 2, as they have yet to make it around the first team, but IMO they are exciting prospects, as are Godfrey, Ramsay, Grant, Crowe, Lewis, Jaiyesimi, Cantwell and Adams.
    So the only position that slightly worries me is GK, though Killip may be OK and certainly no worse than the present incumbents.

14. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Wasn't Killip skipper of the youth team in several cup matches earlier this season?. And I am sure he made a penalty save or two, and picked up MOM type plaudits.

15. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm just wondering what possessed DD to trawl through six plus (6+) years of threads to unearth this beast? <yikes>
    Weird to see canary Max, Superman and ICHB in full flow - where are they now? :emoticon-0106-cryin

JM Fan likes this.
  16. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

For some reason when I click on Not606 it sometimes throws up threads from years ago .
    As Board moderator will you investigate this and get back to me please ?

17. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well, I've researched this and can firmly deduce that you clearly
    live in a parallel universe to the rest of us <ok>
    Conversely for me, the 'beer and chips' thread (?) keeps disappearing.
    If I want to read it or post on it, I have to perform a search to find it each time.
    As a parallel-universe dweller, can you please advise why this is?

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  18. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

Alright Supers?

Hope your keeping well mate. Are you back permanently now?

19. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

Oh it's an old one

Dammit, I miss Supers.

20. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Catch him on My Football Writer under his proper name of James Finbow! <ok>