1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your Worst Home Game

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Resurgam, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

As a follow on from the other thread, here is it's little brother.

Apart from any defeats at home to the binners, the ones that stick in my somewhat elderly mind, are when we lost to Bradford at home in the cup, under John Bond, and also a 0 - 4 thumping by Wolves, also under John Bond.

The Bradford game was galling because we were expected to walk it, and Bradford had tried to get the game called off because they were struggling to get a team together.

Over to you lads and ladesses.......

2. CanariesSoccer

CanariesSoccer Well-Known Member

7-1. Did see plenty of goals though...

3. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

But every cloud- look who it introduced us to!

4. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Thank God I wasn't there for that one I have to admit

5. Northamptonncfc

Northamptonncfc Well-Known Member

The 2-0 game against Coventry, when Fotheringham stuck his finger up at the Barclay, I remember we never got the ball out of our half we were terrible absolute amateurs. I went for a drink about 10 minutes before half time. Never ever done that in my life with the exception of the game below.

That result we all know the one, but the season ticket ripping scene made my day I was absolutely furious. Allow back the Stowmarket two!

6. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Got to admit when that happened I thought you guys were going down again, how wrong I was.

7. canarie-chippy

canarie-chippy Well-Known Member

If i could have got to Gunn, there'd have been another fat ****er stuffing his ticket down his throat!
    That game still felt more sureal that bad, like a dream?
    My first ever game i can remember was with my dad years ago, couldn't have been more that 6 or 7, a mid week game v Leyton Orient and we lost 1-0 to an 89th min goal.....got to ask yourself, how the **** did i get hooked after that ?!!

8. Kent canary

Kent canary Well-Known Member

Norwich 1 Brentford 2. O Neill had gone, Chase hadn't. Luckily he soon would.

9. Northamptonncfc

It was dreadful your right it was like a nightmare only without the bit when you wake up, I tried to forget about it then received a series of wind up texts of various people, that was a long journey home.

Do any of you remember Gunn going undercover at the return game at Colchesters tin hut ground?

10. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

Yes,I suppose in a funny sort of way it was best amd the worst at the same time.

11. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

It was an evening kick off mid February about `98 against Barnsley i think i went with my girlfriend on my birthday lost 2 or 3 zero, then went to a pub called Golden gun or some bond rip off type theme... Ordered 2 drinks and a guy propping up the bar pukes every where followed by a punch up with the bar man and some morons......
    Bad times.....

12. Northamptonncfc

Caught up in the middle of the punch up? Or the old key or lighter in the knuckles trick and windmilling it?

13. Dazz19

Dazz19 Active Member

Either of these two

1. Spurs last time we were in the Premier League. We lost 2-0 and it is has the distinction of being the only game I have ever left early, we were that bad.

2. Leyton Orient in the FA Cup last season. It was the chance to progress and for some of the fringe players to impress. Except they didn't. In fact in the case of Mr McNamee he never pulled on a yellow shirt again.

14. SUPERNORWICH 23

Neither we just left the drinks and walked off, just weird that it all kicked off the moment we went in..... The night was cursed..

15. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

Wednesday 14 September 1966. Lost 0-1 to Brighton in the League Cup. Only time I've ever left before the end.

16. SUPERNORWICH 23

I bet you were sitting in front of ilovedelia with the rucksack, Morrisons chicken weak bladder and screaming brats?...<yikes>

17. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

7-1

Don't even want to think about how I felt, it's bittersweet now, but at the time it was horrendous

18. SUPERNORWICH 23

We did track down the fatties that threw the 1 day old season tickets at Gunny, did we not?

19. canarie-chippy

canarie-chippy Well-Known Member

You can't beat a bit of "windmilling in" ! God the lads i used to go away with in my early twenties, they felt cheated if there wasn't a bundle at the end of the night, usually in some **** hole pub in either Newmarket or Grantham, depending of wether we'd been North or South!

20. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think the 4-1 against Burnley which resulted in Worthington getting the sack. I always had a lot of respect for Worthington as a manager, and whilst things were bad, I thought the decision to sack him was taken rashly at the time. The game was so dire though, the players knew he was going, the performance was dreadful, and the crowd booed pretty much the whole way through, even when we scored. And then to compound the misery I got stuck in a car park afterwards for 3 hours.