1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your views

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Farked19, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

I got royally slagged off yesterday for posting on the QPR board that I was disappointed they didn't win at Carrow Rd in 1976 when they needed it to take the title. What is your opinion, say when Leicester needed a win to take the title. Bearing in mind we were mid table? Personally I think it's a bit petty to express the view " My team right or wrong". I would always rather see a Leicester or a QPR take the title rather than a top six money team.

robbieBB likes this.
  2. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Leicester City’s win was the best thing to happen in the Premier.
    It gives us all hope.
    QPR 's effort was a different era, when more teams in the old League 1,were competitive.

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  3. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ahem....apart from NCFC finishing third and being 8 points clear by xmas! ;)

4. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

I think the clue is....finished third (and with a negative gd). Not as totally unexpected as Leicesters triumph. It was a much more level playing field® in the 90's.

5. Oxcanary

Oxcanary Well-Known Member

Leicester were inspirational and they damaged the equation of

spend, spend, spend = enraged, arrogant entitlement

for that we should always be grateful

6. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I want Norwich to win, but if it were the last game of the season or something and we had nothing to play for say Burnley or Crystal Palace had played a blinder and needed a win for the title I wouldn't begrudge them it. It would be better than someone spending gazzilions to buy it

7. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

<applause> Farked19. That sort of pettiness, and even more so the tribalistic hatred which all too often blights the game, is the reason why I never refer to myself as a "fan". I support NCFC (have done for over 50 years), and as one who loves the game, I take pleasure in seeing it played well, irrespective of by whom. NCFC has no monopoly on good football, and Farkeball is not the only way to play it well, win games and earn trophies. "Respect", IMO, is not a slogan that applies only on the field of play.

8. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

I generally agree with this, but let’s not pretend Leicester didn’t spend massively. But it was not quite as aggressively done (they were much smarter) than the usual suspects, and it was refreshing to see them do it.

carrowcanario likes this.
  9. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

they spent big but don’t forget that they sold big as well, the like of Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Maguire were probably about £200m between them.

10. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Completely agree, though of course spending on players isn’t just the transfer fees, it’s mainly the wages. But yes, they also sold well and reinvested intelligently.

All credit to them. But for us that would entail breaking wage limits big time and risking it all, they were bankrolled (just not to the same extent).