1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your Thoughts on Alan Pardew so far...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by KingslandSFC, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Hi Toon Army Members

Saints Fan here in peace <peacedove>

Wonder what your thoughts are on Alan Pardew performance at St James Park this season and your expectation of him next season...Where do you realistically want Pardew to take Toon Army next season if he kept on by MA

please log in to view this image

FA Cup Success?? Europa Qualification??? Mid-Table with League Cup / FA Cup Trophy???

All the best next season

KingslandSFC

2. TheLittleGeordie

TheLittleGeordie Active Member

Was unhappy with the sacking of Houghton but i've warmed to him. He's intelligent and says all the right things and seems to have big plans for the club

3. AH

AH Active Member

Been decent so far, comparable to Hughton, probably a better manager but don't wanna go into that, that's a whole other story. Done a good job with the injury list we had, and of course the departure of Carroll. Judgement will be out when we find out what he does with the 35 mil in the summer and what signings he brings in.

Realistically, should be aiming for a solid top 10, with a decent cup run resulting in the League Cup or possibly FA Cup. If Brum and Stoke can get there, so can we.

Or something along those lines.

4. All Hail Ben Arfa

It's entirely dependent on who we buy in the summer to be honest. If he can get a quality striker, a new LB and some back up I'd be happy with a properly decent cup run and around 7th-8th in the league.

5. Tiggyrimana

Tiggyrimana Active Member

I like him and all the signs are good but there is just something about him that makes me not trust him 100% yet.

6. NUFCaw

NUFCaw Active Member

Was unhappy with the Hughton ordeal but Pardew isn't to blame for that and its hard to say we'd have been better/worse if Hughton wasn't sacked.

Pardew's impressed so far though, handled everything well in my opinion and sounds like he has big plans for th summer, hopefully he'l fulfill them and we can be top half, maybe push for a Ruropa spot if we have a cracking season.

7. TheLittleGeordie

TheLittleGeordie Active Member

Is it the fact that Ashley does

8. I want curly hair too

I want curly hair too Active Member

I think he's done alright, still need more time to judge to be honest as there hasn't been a massive difference since Hughton. But considering when sky did a survey before he officially signed and something like 98.5% of people didn't want him here he's done a pretty decent job of winning us over! :)

9. Tiggyrimana

Tiggyrimana Active Member

Practically yes and the fact he's Lambarse's buddy

10. I want curly hair too

I want curly hair too Active Member

On that note, KingslandSFC, is there any truth in the rumour he was sacked from Southampton for having affairs with player's wives?

11. Andmcit

Andmcit Member

This will keep getting aired every time the last thread drops to the next page
    so really needs to be a sticky but the general consensus in the following thread
    shows a reserved acceptance of Pardew pending this Summer's transfer dealings:

http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/45001-Managers

Thing is, NUFC are doomed as the world know there's 35million allegedy burning
    a hole in our pocket even if it ends up being less as frequently reported in the
    ****e redtops.

Time, as always, will tell but I quite like Pardew - especially as he doesn't go out
    of his way to be a total prat unlike other higher profile managers and actually
    reminds me a bit of Hughton...

I don't think Pardew talks too much either, just he takes the bother to actually
    answer the journos in more than one word answers!

12. RyanNUFC

RyanNUFC Member

He's done alright so far, the spirit within the squad hasn't dropped since his arrival and the players seem to have warmed to him.

I'll reserve a proper judgment until next season, but he talks a good game and with the right additions in the summer I think we'll do well.

13. KingslandSFC

Hmmm alot of rumours was flying around of that nature. Whether it is true or not - Dunno fella!

Our Chairman blamed it on recent performances for his departure

Read into what you will <whistle>

14. Andmcit

Andmcit Member

Recent 'performances' in other fella's bedrooms eh?
    Maybe more respect due here for him then if he's a bit of a 'jack the lad'?:emoticon-0140-rofl:

15. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Seems to have good ideas, knows where priorities are, top 8 would be achievable if we spend at least 20 million, though the jury is out on him.

16. You'veBeenTiote'd

You'veBeenTiote'd Active Member

He was manager for the 4-4, that's good enough for me!

17. KingslandSFC

That was a cracking game...What a come back

18. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

Positives:
    • He isn't stupid
    • He is incredibly good with the media. His interviews are near flawless most of the time
    • He appears to have some influence over Ashley, where Hughton definitely didn't
    • He's pushing for the little things which do add up and make a difference - like the pitch heating
    • He brought in analysts and other staff to improve tactics within the squad
    • He also introduced tactical lessons (Enrique confirmed it in Twitter)
    • He has a lot of ambition and isn't afraid to aim high
    • Sometimes, his team selections and tactics pay off well

Negatives:

• Sometimes, his tactics cock everything up
    • Sometimes, his player selections are very frustrating. He seems very unwilling to try new players, and when he does, they're usually the wrong choices (i.e. Campbell)
    • His sub choices are frustrating. He always brings Ranger on too late, and what was with bringing Ferguson on with about 30 seconds of the match left?
    • There are players he doesn't seem willing to drop, even when they're playing consistently ****e, i.e. Ameobi
    • He seems to exaggerate or speak too soon about injured players, so as a result he has to keep putting back their return dates. Perhaps this is due to his honesty.

All in all, I like him more than Hughton. I think he has good potential if he buys the right players and has more quality in his squad.

19. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

As kingsland said there were/are still rumours flying around on that score, there was also a rumour that he squared up to our chairman as well and they were separated by training staff. To be honest nothing has come out every one has been tight lipped. In truth I cannot see that he would have been involved with any of the players wives partners girl friends etc, he is not that stupid. It is how ever well know our chairman and he never saw eye to eye over a number of things. When our original owner was alive he often acted as go between. Pardew was not our chairman's choice, but the owners. When our owner died you could get odds as to how long Pardew was to last as soon as it was confirmed by the family that Cortese was to remain as chairman. He lasted about a month. he was dismissed right in the middle of new player negotiations that were to be purchased. So Cortese cancelled all negotiations until he got a new manager. By the time he did they could not be reopened as our new manager had not had time to evaluate the squad. To us saints it was a total shock although to be fair our start to the season as usual for us was diabolical. We thought he was right for the club and the man to see us promoted. If he is given a chance to get his own team together he will do it for you. How far he can take you is anyones guess.....either way good luck for the future. BT

20. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Hughton was good, Pardew is better. Simply due to experience.

The thing that has put me off Hughton is the fact that when Cardlewood (spelt wrong but don't care) left the club Hughton went to ****. We went on a run of 5 loses in a row. I personally think we'd be in a relegation scrap right now without the switch, so I for some reason praise Ashleys decision in the matter.

Hughton was however, a great guy and a true gentlemen. Just lacked managerial knowledge but I'm sure he'll gain it if someone gave him a ****ing job! I was made up when he was going to West Brom until the negotiations went to cock. Now where can he go? Tranmere Rovers might have a place open next season? <ok>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.