1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your Team for Burnley

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Ponders Revisited, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Scratchingvalleycat

Scratchingvalleycat Active Member

Haven't heard that Hughes is unfit. He is less than six months older than when he put the turn in at the end of last season and I would definitely have him playing on Saturday or next Tuesday night when we need somebody who reads the game well enough to deal with Andy Reid ( another player who doesn't necessarily have the speed but is in the right place at the right time).

2. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Granted our attacking moves are far from dynamic at times.

However, on Saturday Sordell had 20 mins to make an impression and barring the one through ball to Church he basically stood there waiting for someone to lay something on a silver platter for him.

I can only assume he dozed off during the 70 mins of "football" prior to his introduction. Because had he been awake and taking note, he would've realised that our midfield creating something for him was about as likely as our board signing Cristiano Ronaldo.

I saw no movement from him whatsoever. If he'd been making inteligent runs and taking up dangerous positions, and nobody found him I would give him great credit for doing the right things. Whilst in turn lambasting the midfield for not making use of him.

I have nothing against the fella, and I desperately want to see him become a success in a Charlton shirt. But, I just don't rate him as a footballer from what I've seen thus far. What Bolton saw to make them part with over three million quid is beyond me.

I'd have rather hung onto BWP. He had his lazy days when he stood around doing f**k all. Only difference being that he scored goals.

3. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

4-4-2 at Burnley

Alnwick, Solly, Evina, Dervite, Morrison, Jackson, Cousins, Harriott, Stewart, Church & Yann

Reasons for dropping the following:

Hamer - needs a kick up the arse. If he took the kick himself, he would probably miss.
    Wiggins - twice the size, half the player compared to last season
    Wood - slower than Fagin when it's his round
    Stephens - seemingly incapable of passing the ball forwards
    Pritchard- "the Duracell Bunny" - seemingly incapable, full stop.
    Piggot- needs six months on loan in League 2 learning his trade.

4. Addick4Life

Addick4Life Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Fraid Powell has already confirmed that Solly wont be fit for this one V-a-V

5. charltonted

charltonted Active Member

Regardless of who or who doesn't turn out on Saturday, can we please have some practice on throw ins, like movement from our players, players looking like they want the ball. If not just chuck it back to their keeper & get on with defending.

6. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

i've said that a 100 times already. we pretty much just give possession back all the time

7. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I hate to see that, when a player is waiting to take a throw-in and nobody wants the ball. It was particularly bad on saturday.

8. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Just seen a preview of tonight's interview with Powell in the Evening Standard.

"The players are hurting since Saturday. I know, because Ben Hamer hasn't bought any new bling all week, and Sordell hasn't come in to training dressed like Dizzee Rascal. The unquestioning personal support from our 6 remaining fans has been truly humbling, even though we all secretly know I have an appointment at the Jobcentre next Monday morning. I asked Dave Bassett to help out in training this week, but having watched us, he felt it was too big a task".