1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wycombe Wanderes V PNE

Discussion in 'Preston' started by theflyingplumber, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Come on you Blues! Wycombe - bang bang bang, Wycombe - bang bang bang.

4-2 to the Wanderers
    4-2 to the Wanderers
    4-2 to the Wanderers
    4-2 to the Wanderers

4-2 to the Wanderers
    4-2 to the Wanderers
    4-2 to the Wanderers
    4-2 to the Wanderers

3. simeywimey

simeywimey Member

sounds like an amazing game, gutted I'm not there! Come on wycombe!!

4. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Obviously defences on top

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

****ing hell. Anyone had a heart attack yet?

6. rockinchairboy

This sounds like a cracker, I'm sure there will be plenty of noise from the home fans. These are the sort of games you would want every week as they are entertaining for the fans. I too wish I was there tonight, but not been too well so ruled it out. Hae to check my diary and see when I can get to a game.

7. themaclad

Reality again 3-3

8. themaclad

Mellor makes it 4-3

9. rockinchairboy

2 quick goal from Preston. I make that our turn to score 3 goals, making a 6-4 final result!

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well bloody good try Wycombe. We could have put the game to bed before the equaliser but we didn't. Good game and well done Preston for fighting back. Must have been a bit demoralising being 2-0 up so early and going in 3-2 down at half time. Although we lost it's looking a bit brighter for us. Have a good trip back you Preston fans who travelled and best of luck in your promotion push.

11. themaclad

Cheers Ron a year almost to the day we were 4-1 down at Leeds at half time and won 6-4 must be the late September air.
    Sounds like you gave us a good game, better luck next time

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Stats look encouraging

Attached Files:

13. theflyingplumber

Followed the game on the PNE minute by minute match report and you could feel the excitement and tension here 200 and odd miles away.
    A great feast of entertainment for the fans who were lucky enough to see the game, PNE came out on top but how Wycombe pushed the Lilywhites right to the final whistle.
    Great fightbacks by both teams and on this occasion PNE came out on top and extended their consectutive league wins marking this run as the clubs best run since 1959 in Sir Tom Finney's last season.

A terrific night to be a Northender but the lucky ones are all of the the supporters who witnessed a classic encounter.
    Hard luck the Chairboys and well well done to Northend.

:)

14. finneyfan

finneyfan Member

what a game that sounded like, nerve jangling to say the least. I thought after 8 mins we would walk it. Fair play to Wycombe, you certainly faught hard.

15. theflyingplumber

Thanks Ron and on tonight's and last Saturdays Wycombe display you will soon be moving up the League. Feared the worst when the teams were announced and I saw Gareth was playing knowing how much he would be wanting to win this one. I hope the Northend supporters give him a rousing reception..<ok>

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

According to our commentator he got a standing ovation from Preston fans when he left the field at 3-2 (and he had scored). Nice.

17. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

just got back a fantastic game,well done to preston on their win but we gave them a massive test.2 nil down so early on, both goals we had chances to clear but didnt but some slick preston football led to one of them.this wanderers team are full of fight and never say die attitude and came storming back to draw level at 2-2 before going on to take the lead before half time.second half wycombe had some good chances to go further ahead and were unlucky when leon johnsons bullet header from a free kick crashed into the goalkeepers shoulder and back out.fair play to preston they showed what they are made of and some of their play was a delight to watch unfortunately for us wanderers fans and this time it was preston who came back and took the lead.a very entertaining game and good luck to preston for the rest of the season.as for the blues a really good performance and a draw would have been a fair result because neither team deserved to lose.the big plus of the night for wycombe was young kadeem harris he gave the preston defence a torrid time and ripped their right back to pieces in the first half and only a good bit of management substituting him saved him from further embarrassment.well done once again to preston on their win ,they play football on the deck which is what we all want to see.

18. Rocky blue army

i forgot to mention a big thank you to those preston fans who gave ainsworth a standing ovation.well done very decent of you.

19. theflyingplumber

That seems to be a well balanced and fair summary of the game Rocky and thanks..<ok>, the real winners were all the fans who turned up to watch the game and by all accounts it was a credit to this Division and maybe any other division I can think of. Not your night but that's football and things will change for the Chairboys.

20. Rocky blue army

cheers mate gutted we lost as we played so well but you have to take your chances to kill a game off and we didnt manage to do that and your lot did ,cant really argue with that.all in all i dont think i will see a better game of football this season,well done to preston and wycombe the fans that were there had a right treat tonight.