1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wycombe Wanderers vs Ipswich Town

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Nuggets, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Get in!Inventive for a change.

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Get in!

3. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

As I said, 20 mins ago, move into gear now, get back confidence, Judge playing where Judge plays, need same urgency and energy now. Lets get the 2nd. Bring the New Year in 3 cheers!

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Fantastic goal, Town good money for the lead. Now we have to push on.

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Thanks mate.
    Couldn't get it on firstrow but am watching on cricfree now.
    Nice one <ok>

6. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Norris rushes out again.
    That was poor defending and worse goalkeeping.

7. Southcoastoldgaffer

Time to bring Holy back, too many slips from Norris. PL dropped Holy after only a few matches, no real issues, why cant he bring him back.

itfcptc and fieldmarshall like this.
  8. Southcoastoldgaffer

Welcome back Teddy! Give him some good warm-up time and he could well give us that needed lift.

9. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Welcome back Bishop!

10. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Underwhelming, but a draw is the fair result.

11. Nuggets

Get Holy back in the team, hopefully KVY will be back soon and slot in at this right wing back position, and replace Huws and Jackson. We should soon get back to winning ways. Improved performance over the Lincoln result and we look a lot more cohesive on the ball set up in a 3-5-2.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  12. Southcoastoldgaffer

So disappointing, after better performance and idiot goal, so we lose the fizz and control. Mentally fragile.

Norris away from sticks.

Accrington next, 3 pts must.

13. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Didn't see enough of the game to write a post match.
    Shame we couldn't win this one, Wycombe offered nothing until they went behind and then we lost a goal to Norris rushing out again.
    Time to bring Holy back in.

Happy New Year everyone!

14. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Im always disappointed to lose especially after leading but overall a much better performance, Norris hands them a goal after coming for the ball and not getting there for the second game in a row, time for a drop to the bench I feel.
    Unfortunately its the same players not contributing any worthwhile play so Edwards, Judge, and Huws must surely be replaced this month and moved on, Huws is the most disappointing because pre injury he looked a real player, he could with time get back to his best but I doubt it.

15. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Err...we didn’t lose. Draw not the end of the world but Wycombe looked poor to me and were there for the taking. Unfortunately didn’t have the killer extinct to finish the game. Edwards best game of the season for him. Chambers needs replacing. When Mowbray lost his pace, his organisation and positional sense saw him 1 of our best players, Chambers doesn’t have that

16. Nuggets

Agreed, thought Edwards was much improved today than in recent games (particularly the Lincoln defeat). Right wing back suits him better than a right back position in a back four. KVY would still offer a significant improvement over him though, and we really need him back. Chambers and Huws struggled with the tempo of the game and I was surprised Huws stayed on for entire 90. Chambers misplaced many long passes and struggled against the long haired pacy guy. Great thinking for the goal between Garbutt, Judge, and Norwood. Thought a Downes was our best player today, different class on the ball and kept attacks ticking over. Really hope we don’t sell him this month.

itfcptc and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  17. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Can someone please work with Jackson on his first touch?The guy always scares opponents with his pace and he works tirelessly for the team.But how many times does he receive the ball only to have it bounce off him straight to a defender?

Spanish, fieldmarshall and Nuggets like this.
  18. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Hard to find too much at fault with us today. I thought the midfield was excellent at moving the ball. With Lambert here to stay we need reinforcements to help us now Marcus.

19. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I thought we were far from perfect but there's alot which could be built upon. I hope baring injuries we're able to keep a relatively settled team and build on this. A few observations:

- Get Holy back in the team
    - we need to replace Chambers (buy a new CB) he's playing like a youngster who has just come into the team. A player of his experience shouldn't be pulled out of position or make as many basic mistakes as he is. We cannot trust Nsiala either. If we're going to continue to play a back three I would seriously consider playing Skuse back there
    - Garbutts delivery was superb
    - Huws still looks short of form/fitness but his height was extremely useful in midfield
    - Judge looked lively and showed moments of quality and why he should play the role behind the strikers
    - Norwood looks out of form but without him we have no presence at all upfront
    - Jackson ran his socks off for the team but lacks a bit of quality when it matters. Think if Sears gets back to form/fitness he will replace Jackson in the team.

Hopefully we can see some consistency in the team now and give some of these players the chance to play themselves into form. I do sympathise with Lambert because given the injuries we've had it has been very difficult to name a consistent line up and formation.

In the transfer window I think we need to buy a CB and bring a RB and Striker in on loan