1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wycombe Vs Norwich, Sun 28th Feb @ 12:00

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by zogean_king, Feb 24, 2021.

?

Who will win?

1. Chairboys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No-one

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Canary

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Reading

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

So with 14 games still to go we have averaged over 2 points per game (2 points per game + 3). We are still 18 points above 7th, a spot currently filled by Bournemouth. Sundays game looks winnable as does the home game against Brentford, whilst I don't see it as a must win game, it's certainly one we don't want to lose. After that it's Luton (a bit of a bogey team for us, where anything could happen) before a very winnable game against Sheffield Wednesday and a trip to Chris Hughton's Nottingham Forest, who are currently on par with us for form. Form 13 points from last 6 games and 4th in the form table.

Brentford in 2nd and 7 points behind us after a return to winning ways after a 3 - 0 victory over Sheffield Wednesday a game in which Toney made a cameo performance on his return to injury. Form 9 points from last 6 games and 10th in the form table. Brentford are away to Stoke, KO 3pm tomorrow.

Watford are third losing out on second place on goal difference. Form 13 points from last 6 games, same as us, and 3rd in the form table, above us on goal difference. Watford have an away game against Bournemouth, KO at 12.30 tomorrow. Hoping Bournemouth can overturn their recent poor run of form (7 points from last 6 games) and dent Watford's chances.

Swansea responded to their unexpected loss to Huddersfield with a poor performance against Coventry, however they eventually won 1 - 0. They are 8 points below us with 2 games in hand. Form 13 points from last 6 games, same as us, and 6th in the form table, below us on goal difference. Swansea should win their home game against Bristol City although Bristol City did win their last game against Middlesbrough 3 - 1 to end their losing streak. Lets hope Nigel Pearson can get a new manager bounce out of the team. KO 3pm tomorrow.

Reading fill 5th position 16 points behind us and on a downward spiral. Form 4 points from last 6 games and 20th in the form table. A loss to Rotherham tomorrow, KO 3pm, and Bournemouth & Cardiff winning could see Reading dropping out of the top 6.

Cardiff, 6th, enter the top 6 and are top of the form table with a maximum of 18 points from last 6 games. Cardiff play Middlesbrough tomorrow at 3pm. Form makes Cardiff strong favorites, but you never know with a Warnock side.

At this time I still think there is a 99.999999 % chance of us finishing in the top 6, a 75 % chance of us finishing in the top 2 (up from 70% last week) and a 60% chance of us winning the league (up from 55% last week).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    Canary Rob, mike555 and RiverEndRick like this.
  2. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Yes I have often felt at times our players are on average quite short haha

3. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Yes - on both counts, a 7:00 pm KO and on Sky is far better - looking forward to it <cheers>
    This is my last week in Thailand so I will be able to follow midweek games at the normal time <badger>

4. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

You 're-locating to UK Thai?

5. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Certainly am

We have a business here - selling to the UK

The UK has now added 20% VAT to all purchases from outside the UK and to compound that, the Thai Post pushed their prices up, in some cases 400%

It has now become impossible to continue the business, and I have limited options, making a return to blighty as the best option

6. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think this was spoke about at the end of last season? The recruitment team hadn't really worried about height before, and the type of technical player we want are rarely the tallest, but they hadn't realised just how much that lack of height would be exploited in the Premier League.

I remember Jamal Lewis being brushed to one side as if he wasn't there so a Watford defender could power a header home as a particular example of that.

7. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Big Virgil jumped straight through him for a header too .

DHCanary likes this.
  8. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Yeah that was when he was our second or third tallest outfield player so was always put on a big opponent and completely outmuscled

9. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You could see what Hugill offers defensively in Skipp's goal the other night. Makes a towering defensive header, we break and score. You could see in the goal celebrations that Zimmerman ignores Rupp and Skipp and goes to Hugill to make a point about that clearance.

Pukki, Idah, Drmic could not have made that clearance.

10. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

We have increased our squad height with the most of the new players coming in being 6' or more. This has helped our set piece defending this season and would also make a difference if we're promoted. The great thing is that height isn't at the expense of technical ability - quite a coup by SW.

11. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I always thought that Peter Crouch though being a giant was surprisingly good with his feet. I don't ever think he was given the credit for just how good his technical ability and was just thought of as the tall striker to punt the ball to.

DHCanary, RiverEndRick and robbieBB like this.
  12. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

13. Puncturedtractortyre

Puncturedtractortyre Well-Known Member

The price of success - fewer games on iFollow because Sky etc nab more :emoticon-0106-cryin

14. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

15. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Welcome back to Brexit Britain!

16. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

Including today, 11 of our remaining 14 games are unavailable on iFollow! (https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/)

17. Puncturedtractortyre

Puncturedtractortyre Well-Known Member

Oh crap!

Better get my VPN up and running again then.

zogean_king likes this.
  18. DUNCAN DONUTS

19. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

Argos for Todd and Gibson for Zimbo

20. DUNCAN DONUTS

I'm not entirely sure that Thailand increasing their postal charges up by 400% was directly a result of leaving the EUROPEAN UNION.