1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wycombe Vs Gillingham Match Day Hub Game 2 of 46

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by HOADIE_BOI, Aug 19, 2012.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Thanks Rocky you will still be up there, you must have played well tonight as not many sides will be able to scare us that much being the best side in the league.

2. brb

brb Guest

Just got home from work and seen the result. Absolutely shocked but what a fantastic result, I expected no more than a draw at best.

3. brb

brb Guest

Right!, now I have just finished reading the whole thread! Manners first...Ron, Rocky, I never expected this tonight, so a bit shocked to be honest but we all know you will be up there at the end of the season <ok>

btw Ron - I'll be over to your place later to check out my winnings, £500 stake, get in there!

Now Mr Hoadie, what's all this stuff about me and Joe Martin <laugh> oh, ok, well done Joe <applause>

and finally my attentions turn more to our winger and if only Mr Hessenthaler had listened to me last season <whistle>

turning to Dag&Red...
    Can I afford to go...probably not
    Will her indoors like it, if I go this weekend...probably not
    but it still don't stop me thinking about it.

4. superbob

superbob Member

I'll agree to that - Flanagan seems very shaky, probs the least impressive of the new signings so far.
    On that note, the new boy Barrett sounded like he had a rather good game this eve...

5. GeminiSwiftgfc

GeminiSwiftgfc Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If we carry on at this rate I'm going to get carried away...... But not quite yet. Brilliant result again and another "bogey" team to come on Saturday. All the players seem to be playing their part and carrying their own weight, so to speak. Long may it continue.

UTG

6. brb

brb Guest

I reckon if I took my prediction league as an average, 60% of fans did not think we were going to win this game and the other 40% were just living in hope.

It really is to early and we should not get carried away but I honestly feel we have beaten two very good sides at the beginning of the season. Also Martin Allen immediately has no bogey away record to worry about. So confidence is very high. So Dag&Red next up, 21st in the table with one point in two games but a very serious health warning, near the end of last season D&G were 20th in the table and they beat us at home. So another difficult job to be done and absolutely no place for complacency.

7. GeminiSwiftgfc

GeminiSwiftgfc Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What this league shows year in year out, week in week out, day in day out is that on their day anyone is capable of beating anyone else. As long as the players can stay focus on the job in hand then we should be all right come the end of the season. Complacency is always our biggest problem. We lose to too many teams which we are more than capable of beating.

8. theblues

theblues Member

Firstly I'd like to say well played to the Gills, you had a good game plan and stuck to it and Weston is a class above most of what we will see this season.

Secondly, well done on getting rid of Dennis Oli, who has to be one of the worst players I have seen in some time. We've had people like Harper, Halls and Bignall recently who at least look like they may have once had talent, but even our make shift right back Stewart looked like a better winger than him yesterday, despite being a centre back. I find it ridiculous how we've ended up with him and we actually brought him on instead of Angol, who had a great pre season and should be pushing for a place. The question I have to ask is how on earth did he get 127 games with you guys? I'd be surprised if he makes 10 with us.

9. gfc1234

gfc1234 Member

Flanagan will do well for us. Good defender. The MK Franchise fans were surprised he went out on loan after his performances in league one last season!

10. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

When he originally came to us he was hungry, had a lot of pace and was fearless. If I remember correctly he scored twice on his debut. I think through a mixture of injuries and goalless streaks he is running low on confidence. He may not be good now but he was ace when he came from Grays. Good luck to him and you guys for the rest of the season, barring the return fixture naturally!

11. brb

brb Guest

12. Kentish Man

Kentish Man Member

Flanagan's second yellow looked a tad harsh. Players really do go down for nothing these days...

13. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

been too busy since Tuesday. Doesn't sound like too many Not606ers went to Wycombe. This was a well contested game. The all round performance by The Gills was better than against Bradford. Barrett surprised me as to how solid he looked - good positional awareness. Charlie Allen coming on in the 2nd half was pivotal - very hungry for the ball. Flanagan was much better than on Saturday. I'm afraid that Fish's mistake led to Flanagan conceding the first booking - the second booking was to 'take out' a player who would have been through on goal - no complaints about the card. Back to Fish - he was quite a bit poorer than v Bradford, and guilty of some poor distribution - which, thankfully went unpunished. Going forward the team looked good ( Weston looks scary for defenders ) Well done Joe Martin for following up the free kick - we were guilty of not 'following up' on many occasions on Saturday - when the ball dropped on the edge of the penalty box - inviting a shooting opportunity. I can understand the defending after the sending off - but surely we played a little too much without an outlet.

14. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Just seen the highlights that was a well worked goal, the free kick was quality, hopefully we will try more of them this season as I like the way Weston took it.