1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WUM of the Year

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by The-Don, May 10, 2012.

1. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentleman

I will have to keep this short since I have more than one acceptance speech to write today. I thought about starting this by doing something obvious like "Thanking God" or saying there is a lot of luck that goes into winning an award like this. The truth is, I didn't need either to win such a prestigious award. I expected to win and would have accepted nothing less out of myself.

I am over the moon that my hard work and persistence hasn't gone unnoticed now let me give you an overview of the past year or so.

I started the season not too bothered about Leicester, in fact I hadn't heard of them but there I was minding my own business debating sensibly with my fellow Leeds United posters when we where rudely interupted by the one and only Andy Kings Left Testicle, Why he felt the need to come over to the biggest football club in the divisions board i'll never know. Anyway his persistent bullshit about how Leicester would dominate the league and How they would be promoted by Christmas just gave me ammunition for the failures that lie ahead.

Then came the sale of "The best keeper outside of the premier league" Kasper the Flappy Fat **** Schmeichel. Most Leeds united fans had seen him week in week out but no the Leicester fans (who had never seen him) continually told us that he was amazing when really he stays rooted to his line can't catch a cross and really just makes easy saves look good but that must mean hes brilliant (I know hes going to Spurs for £5million YEAH RIGHT)

These 2 things are the main reason why I have continually wound up most of the decent posters on the Leicester Forum so I will apologise now to the likes of Danger fox, Lesta Ganster, Proud Fox and OLM :) Can I also add that Vikin Eirik deserves a big mention because he was the one that took most of the **** and got banned when really I probably deserved it just as much as he did :)

Anyway I can't be arse writing anymore, No doubt will speak to you all in the very near future.

Same again next season I hope apart from the actually football side of things.

Apologies if I offended anyone on the way, hope I made a few of you laugh, cry and moan! have a great summer and bring on next season,

Lonners > Kasper > My Gran > Ricardo > Rachubka

Special mentions to, EllandBack,Bucks, IALWB, Simon, Iqbal, AKCJ, BOAB, John Fallen, Foxes 1884, Fosse Filberto, TC, Mighty, Millwall Steve, WhiteJock, Enoch, JLA, PD and anyone else I forgot.

YWBK

2. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well you took your ****ing time <laugh>

Good lad. <ok?

The-Don likes this.
  3. SvensMightyLove Sword

4. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

aBOUT THE FUNNIEST THING YOU HAVE WRITTEN APART FROM THE CHANGE OF YOUR NAME. cONGRATS ON THE AWARD NOW **** OFF BACK TO YOUR SMALL TEAMS BOARD. jUST NOTCED THE CAPITALS - I AINT SHOUTING - just couldnt be arsed to change it.

5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

YWBK - Congratulations - but remember it's a 'marathon not a sprint' and you will be hard pressed to retain your title next season unless you raise your game.

6. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>!!! hahaha

7. The-Don

Barwell just cos I didn't mention you in my speech don't cry :)

AKCJ I haven't had chance ive actually been doing some work :)

I'm all up for it next season gonna venture onto other boards try get a few of them. haha

8. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

Do you now get to wear a strap on on your head for winning ? :emoticon-0172-mooni

:emoticon-0110-tongu

9. Danger Fox

Danger Fox New Member

A genuine famous star mentioned little me in his acceptance speech - This is a fine honour that I will tell and re-tell to my grandchildren until they are bored ****less of it.

You've set the bar high YWBK good luck in maintaining it - Do you think you'll make folklore like Waccoe did?

10. I used to be john fallen

I used to be john fallen Active Member

Remarkably eurdite for a man who has laboured under the burden of syphilis for many years....got to be admired..

11. Danger Fox

Danger Fox New Member

Oh and after re-reading your speech I note you mention OLM - I know this is going to come as a massive shock to you, but OLM is actually not a Leicester fan - He supports Hull. Easy mistake to make though pal, he's always on here <ok>

12. WalshNo5

WalshNo5 Member

Nah someone like Strovolopodos Tiger or NUFNo1 or whatever his name was... they were the best !!

13. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He has absolutely no chance.

14. The-Don

I expect to add to my awards next season what other awards are available to me?:)

15. Lord_Dyer

Lord_Dyer Active Member

<laugh>

Thanks, I just spat my drink all over my keyboard

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm truly touched by that speech, it was obviously heartfelt and unlike most of the posts on the Leicester board, most of it was grammatically correct and contained accurate spelling.

As the winner of the 'best Leicester fan' award, I'd like to congratulate You-Will-Beat-Kisnorbo on his award.

Here in Yorkshire, we win everything, you Midland monkeys. <ok>

The-Don likes this.
  17. Danger Fox

Danger Fox New Member

<laugh> we can only sit back and applause <ok>

18. The-Don

OLM I didn't do too bad on the grammar and punctuation to say I'm a thick **** and did it on a phone took me ages :)

What award did you win?

19. Pull Your Fox Up

Pull Your Fox Up Active Member

OLM deservedly achieved the 'Best Leicester Fan' award

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

No mention of me when I was the one that nominated you for best WUM in the first place?

:emoticon-0146-punch