1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours WTSC ... wipe the slate clean ..... new manager ... TRANSFER RUMOURS 2020 ...2021 ....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Jul 23, 2020.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Out of the dross out there, he'd be my choice and although it may well not happen, I hope SL waited like I mentioned previously for the season to finish before making his appointment as there was always going to be more choice available

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Howe won’t be coming here, he will probably sit back and wait for the first Prem managers vacancy to come up. But people forget that Bournemouth had a wage bill of 55 million in the season they went up. Well known for spending big on players and not using them and letting go free. Although given the chance of him coming would be happy.

Paul Cook has left all his clubs higher leagues (barring a technicality on Wigan this year). So his next step up is a championship club.

Alex Neil has a promotion to the Prem already with Norwich. Got Preston punching above every season despite losing players year on year and in some cases no replacement. Don’t play in the loan market from higher up because the owner won’t pay for it. Plus we never get anything from his PNE team.

Hughton talked about so every knows his ability’s.

This German manager Steffen Baumgart took a very small team to the Bundesliga. Can’t say much more as I don’t know anything else, but is respected in their league.

So yes there are some good managers out there.

Anyone thinking Sean Dyche will come here may as well be hoping Poch can be enticed as well.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

here is a very good example of a manager being given the time to "do the job" how close they Burnley have been to a return a drop to the championship! But the board took it in their stride .. and this season have done quite well finishing in top 10 [ 9th on points ] been manager 8 years 5 in prem

4. johngalleyfan2

Eddie Howe IS SPOTTED IN THE FOYER OF THE AVON GORGE HOTEL …..?

note just found out …. taxi driver was a gas fan! and he wasn't in the foyer .dropping off a client ….

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  5. johngalleyfan2

wait for the evil post to pick up on this one!!!!!!!

6. johngalleyfan2

It is hoped to announce a manager before Monday possibly Friday .. whisper is internal problems with conflicts of opinion way forward. Influenced by a number of third party outside successes and not wanting to waste 4 years progress and money spent. Also seasons losses are a mitigating factor on way forward. NO SELL A PLAYER buy a player funding for next "coach" as balance sheet must be kept in balance.
    Ole Gunnar Solskaer has turned down the opportunity to take on the challenge!

7. RedorDead

So in other words you’ve taken Gregor McGregorfaces tweet twisted it to look like you’ve got a hotline to AG? Are you RR’s brother?

8. johngalleyfan2

I do not do FACEACHE and certainly don't do TWATTER.... its not a hotline but more the tea ladies cat! [third party with a link ]

9. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised how fantastic a resource Twitter can be if you follow legitimate journalists.

10. RedorDead

So someone else quoting the tweets. What you said was a reincarnation of those tweets

11. johngalleyfan2

help me out here who what and when?.............. unlike some I do not need to be a fibber never got it from a twatter never got it from Faceache never got it from OTIB ...I also, WHICH IS BECOMING A HABIT forgot to hit post reply for about 8 hours I hit return /or change another thing like BBC/ EMAIL or such like ….

12. johngalleyfan2

hit post reply that time... just back from a scorching 6 hours on Chesil beach … got cloudy about 2 so came home early … caught 50 mackerel …. uuuumm no actually only caught a tampon in a plastic bag ….the people who visit places like this probably only do so once they have left their dumps... there was piles of sh*t and toilet paper everywhere... we assumed it is women who leave toilet paper with no solid evidence!!! and there was loads of that and not only white! today on a 7 - 8 mile long beach there was about 1000 people all jammed like sardines in about 200 - 300 m of beach close to the point you get onto the beach.. carpark was rammed aand the field next door had "full up" on it …. we walked 700m west and had 80m of beach to ourselves 3 of us + plus 2 canoes [ 5 in total ] ...water was warm had a quick dip

13. johngalleyfan2

can understand the Friday / Monday link now … wonder if they asked the candidates "what can you do better than what we have got" [set up ] and can you work with it? and would you change anything about it? and would you be happy as head coach? … like the way peeps say "exclusive" … probably why they print a lot of guess works .. like 16 different on the shortlists over time and different media feeds.... as said before Holden always been on the list … and loath to change the set up to much .. SL has spent £m on it

14. johngalleyfan2

I note ROD must still be looking for the tatters remarks as not posted them yet!... not read LJ'S REPORT as busy keeping cool hotter than Chesil …! reminds me of the south of France around 2006 -7 driving the 300+ miles from spain to Italy temp was over 42 and cooler box struggled to keep my supply of cola lollies cool [ not melting ] between 80 mile stops temp of box was 8 degrees [ % of ambient ] would buy a bag of frozen peas /carrots / veg to help temp [ made a stew at end of day lasted 2 days! .. oh well back to the heat of the garden shade .. one corner is jus 27 degrees …. and await the imminent news

15. johngalleyfan2

possible announcement before 2pm ...crossing t's and dotting i's but aim is 4pm

16. johngalleyfan2

There is intense negotiations afoot as the way forward with the new set up needs to have a solid base from which to start … they need to decide on the potential squad, and this is being hindered by uncertainties regarding some players. By changing the coaching structure it was hoped a bit of leverage might be introduced in a positive way. … up to 10 players likely to go on loan! Squad of 23 envisaged …. 1 player might be sold on … and just 5 brought in …

… I guess £150m a year "tv bounty" helped!

17. johngalleyfan2

aiming for 3 year contract with Fammy and 4 year with Niclas both with release clauses … but also need to "sell" ( raise) up to £10m …. !

18. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I agree but the club/PR machine have to vastly improve to level of the rugby club, who have it bang on and there is an obvious empathy and understanding with it's fanbase, they are fully kept up to date and news is free flowing and well presented.

The football arm of BristolSport do not have that at all, the debacle of the past 5 weeks beggars belief, for the fans to get back on board with that, then the club need to play their part and admit (yet again) their mistakes in that debacle, they cannot treat the fanbase in the way that they have and then beg fans not to cash in their season tickets.

I love my club and for 60 years it has been a big part of my life, especially being Bedminster born and bred, but I have to say I have never felt so detached as I did during that 5 week period, the club got it wrong in spades, whilst the rugby club looked slick and caring.

19. johngalleyfan2

I repeatedly refute the 5 weeks as a debacle ...the fans [ maybe those more gullible? ] took on all the media hype of it being a done deal in first few days! This generates anguish and impatience which is a destructive state [negative] and as we all appreciate negativity and rumours sells column space. [ bit guilty here myself adding petrol mischieviously to the EH and CH bonfires of media hype both of whom it whispered had not been seen or heard of at the gate! ]

It was stated early by SL and MA what was "expected" SL, and what was happening, MA, a deluge of applications... later stated compiling short list then shorter list, bearing in mind 10/11 candidates that's pretty much 2 weeks plus sifting applications maybe a week... then final 4 another week... that's 4 weeks. IT beggars belief that fans say "no kneejerk reaction or hasty replacement, then the hypocrisy is they moan about it took 5 weeks …..
    THE RUGBY [Bristol etc ] is not such a big a big plate of fish … whilst at the top of the tree in its sport it is still relatively small fry in the wider picture ...love rugby played for somerset colts as a 15 year old also played against BRIDGWATER Albian … Minehead BARBARIANS … old Morganians 6 GAMES TOTAL as a just 15 and just 16 year old ….. played for keynsham first team a couple of times as a 16 17 year old.... also had a trial [ not taken up] to go to CHICAGO in the late 60's as a kicker for AMERICAN FOOTBALL team ( I think they were expanding /starting ??? ) .... hit the upright 3 times in 3 from the corner as part of the uk trial ….. and converted 7 of 10 from beyond the halfway line [ keynsham pitch ]

20. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

We will beg to differ, I think it was a huge debacle, the rugby fanbase are properly in the loop, made to feel part of the club and you can see and feel that, the football fans are treated like 2nd class citizens, 'this is what we are going to do, bend over and bring your own vaseline', the club continually has to apologise for their lack of information and lack of sensitivity.

This isn't just about the 5 weeks interviewing applicants and giving the job to somebody who has been with us for 4 years, it's about the lack of update reference a club legend Korey Smith and the embarrassing fall out from that, also the sacking of Mcallister, I spend a small fortune following my club and I will repeat I have never in all my 60 + years felt so distant and ignored but again I repeat the club is begging season ticket holders not demand a refund, they need to man up apologise AGAIN and this time improve things and keep up the improvement.