1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WTF is Al Fayad doing building a statue for Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by frogman27, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Give it a few months and the statue will be either defaced or relocated. I guarantee it. Shall I start a petition to erect a statue of Gera in his famous hands to heaven pose?

2. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Hey Bandit, You know I will agree with your Gera suggestion.
    At least it will keep down the number of people on our 606 board.

3. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

Just tear the ugly thing down guys!

4. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

MAF, I feel, let himself down with the words he used against us fans. He has been loyal to Fulham and has put good money into the Club and so it is difficult to get too upset with him. He is an odd ball and it is difficult for him to see what is wrong in putting a singer's (with dubious sexual past) statue up in a football club.

We were here well before MAF came along, and we will be here well after he has gone. His words were quite insulting and he has brought ridicule to our Club.

It's football that counts though, and so I'm looking at the funny side of it all because you couldn't make it up. I mean first of all the idea of having a statue of Michael Jackson, who attended "one" of our games - and then to see it ! Surely everyone must have laughed out loud at that.

PS - I loved the chant at the Blackpool game "you're only here for the statue"

5. Zinc Alloy

Zinc Alloy Member

I gotta tell you, as a Chelsea fan, that beautiful statue has bought more joy to my heart this season than anything else football wise. And believe me, Arsenal's annual implosion was more enjoyable than previous seasons. The best part is I got to break the news to a Fulham mate who I thought was gonna cry when I swore to him it was true.
    MAF is madder than mad. You just gotta love him.
    Mind you, I hear, not to be outdone, Arsenal are planning to erect a statue of their own next season. Gary Glitter.

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Zinc Alloy, as someone else posted on the old 606 site, at least our statue didn't cost us £50million like yours did.

7. Zinc Alloy

Zinc Alloy Member

Yeah, I saw that and thought it excellent.

Doesn't detract from the joy MAF has given me with his top notch decision to celebrate FFC in this most appropiate way.