1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WTF happened to Pochettino?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Nov 19, 2019.

1. BajanSpur

BajanSpur Well-Known Member

This is the sort of comment that is harming the game.

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

As opposed to snivelling cowards who run off to the tabloids to bitch and moan, who definitely aren't harming the game in any way...

3. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Completely disagree mate.

There is a difference between us commenting on here to abusing him online.

Rose has shown nothing but contempt for us as fans since that appalling interview in 2017 on the eve of the season opening.

Yet, despite a half arsed apology, he has continued to mouth off at the club as though he is a great player when he is playing like a donkey.

It is his attitude that epitomises what is wrong in football.

He has...
    1. Signed a contract worth £65,000 (Dec 16) and said how pleased he was. Yet just 8 months later (after bring out injured for 6 months) he whined about not being paid enough.

2. Slagged off his team mates (should not have to google new signings). The new signings were Llorente, Aurier, Sanchez snd Gazzanigga...2 well know in Europe and the other two were at other premier league teams.

3. Playing poorly for the next 18 months...bar maybe a dozen matches...and then complaining that he has not been offered a new contract.

God knows why people think him leaving is a loss...he agent is a sodding genius to get the press and fans to ignore how ****e he's been.

Rose deserves respect for his stance against racism and in favour of publicising mental health issues but for the rest of it he deserves a lot of honest criticism yet all he seems to get is protection.

Compare the lack of ****e thrown at him at matches compared to the crap Winks gets for example.
    (This ain't a dig at anyone on here btw).

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    humanbeingincroydon likes this.
  4. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Mourinho could be heard saying

'he doesn't run'

during training to one of his coaching staff regarding Rose

<laugh>

Chubz is going to have to up his game

5. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

When the other team scored, I saw him doing his best Trippier though....arms outstretched....look of outrage....."Whose fault was that, then? I'm better than this lot."

6. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Touch of Trump too!

7. humanbeingincroydon

please log in to view this image

8. perrymanlegend

perrymanlegend Well-Known Member

Another piece of the puzzle , maybe
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10387632/pochettino-spurs-amazon-prime-documentary/

TOTTENHAM chiefs left Mauricio Pochettino furious when installing Amazon documentary cameras in his office - days after refusing his request to buy some HIMSELF for training purposes.

The 'All Or Nothing' flick was announced earlier in the season and will now switch its focus from sacked coach Poch to Jose Mourinho.
    As part of the deal to replace the Argentine, Mourinho will have had to agree to letting Amazon cameras have intense access to his running of the club.

But it was a row over the flick with chairman Daniel Levy that helped spark Pochettino's falling out with the club.

Daily Mail report that the former manager asked for £80,000 worth of cameras to be installed around his training pitch to evaluate sessions.

Despite that seeming like a fairly minor amount of money for a club like Spurs, the request was refused - even when Poch offered to pay for them himself.

And the coach was pushed over the limit when Amazon were given the green light to install cameras in his personal office. They were reportedly worth a similar amount to the ones he wanted.

Coupled with head of football operations Rebecca Caplehorn and Levy's disagreement with Pochettino over the future of his players, this made his stay in north London a ticking time bomb.

9. humanbeingincroydon

Well that's interesting: a month or so ago The Wail (and The Athletic) said Poch was rarely on the training pitch as he was watching training on monitors in his office, yet now they're saying the club refused this request

So which was it?

remembercolinlee likes this.
  10. perrymanlegend

perrymanlegend Well-Known Member

Quite possible that Levy already had Poch's severance cheque ready so wasn't about to let him splash 80k.

11. humanbeingincroydon

One thing I've noticed in the last couple of days is some people trying to trash everything Poch did at the earliest opportunity

While it's to be expected that the Twitter/Reddit crowd were constantly posting comments that basically boiled down to "We did X well today...UNLIKE UNDER POCH" that sounds uncannily like the average Tory voters' response when asked to name one positive we've had from the vicious bastards these past nine years, but what I found particularly obnoxious was SpursWeb posting back-to-back articles that essentially said Poch's gone, get over it - he didn't win anything so **** him

Now I'm not going to deny there's been some Spurs managers who the only time I will ever acknowledge their time at the club is as a warning from history, as that's exactly how I view the likes of Gross, Santini, Ramos and Sherwood, but that's where it becomes problematic - Poch was not remotely comparable to any of them, as he gave us belief and made the club competitive, rather than have us play turgid ****e while demonstrating the tactical and social acumen of a paperclip

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  12. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

That's life.

OTOH, people such as I wish to know precisely WTF went wrong since
    Feb, that caused the descent in PL form and squad morale leading to the
    events of this week. I do hope that it wasn't a concoction primarily of
    Pochettinos' own making.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  13. humanbeingincroydon

My take is that the Burnley game, or to be more accurate what happened after the Burnley game, is what caused it

Up until that point Poch was unfuckwithable, as any player knew he was the boss and anyone who stepped out of line was out the door (with Adebayor, Kaboul, Capoue, Bentaleb, Townsend and Janssen the obvious examples), and before that game we'd won eight of the previous ten league games and utterly smashed Dortmund in the first leg of the CL quarter final

But when he backed down in the face of an FA charge for treating Mike "****" Dean with the respect the pathetic little wretch deserves his aura of unfuckwithability was obliterated, and while he could offer the carrot during our CL run he couldn't brandish the stick as he had done so before - which not only led to Eriksen, Rose and Wanyama all openly defying him during the summer and getting away with it, but also the way Poch would back down from his own tactical approach due to the fans howling about him dropping Eriksen or Vertonghen for our opening games

Obviously there's a couple of examples of players taking the piss and getting away with it before then, namely Danny Rose kvetching to The Sun and Toby going full Ashley Cole with his wage demands (both of which happened in the summer of 2017, IIRC) neither of those affected the players' trust and faith in Poch - but that trust and faith noticeably evaporated after the Burnley game

14. humanbeingincroydon

Kane, Dele and Dier have all said they've visited Poch in the last few days

15. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To apologise, hopefully.

16. humanbeingincroydon

Kane and Dele have nothing to apologise for, as at least they actually put in the effort and seemed to understand their roles in Poch's system

Dier being Unpersoned for a chunk of the season, on the other hand...

17. yossarian

yossarian Well-Known Member

Dele??

18. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

Easy to forget that Dier missed most of that season due to illness and injury -which opened the door for GOAT and Winks

19. humanbeingincroydon

Dier does appear to have been Unpersoned to a degree this season, judging by how Poch only started him at CB and only ever deployed him as a DM off the bench (other than the Brighton game, that is)

20. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"Everyone knows I am not a No9, it is not my best position."
    "When Pochettino put me there I always gave my best because for me the most important thing is the team but each coach has one opinion."
    - Lucas Moura.