1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wright Banned

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

Fully appreciate that Clifton. The thing that I find strange about the whole thing - and I've said this before - there appears to have been no suggestion of play-acting or cheating before the ban was announced. I don't follow other teams forums but this is the sort of action that would normally get supporters and management (of Fulham) in a right state. Yet, I'm not aware of anyone saying anything!! None of their players seemed to be indicating an issue either. I certainly stand to be corrected on any of these things.

He certainly wasn't writhing around on the ground as has been displayed in other cases and as said by Loath, it is quite commomplace for people to clutch their face/head if in pain, no matter where it is on the body.

I'm not convinced he was cheating and I think it will be interesting to see how the next similar case is dealt with.

2. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

That is not the case BCFC made.

3. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

I thought their case was that he was hurt.

4. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Which you implied led him to clutch his face in pain ... Which is not the case BCFC put forward.

5. Loathsneyd

My question would be would BCFC knew they were questioning the holding of his face before submitting their reply.

6. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

FA were never going to admit that messed up really were they , would make them look even more silly than that already have. Very annoying though how it was done.

7. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

in reality it was a 1 match ban which in the world cup play off's scenario has done both us and the Aussies a good turn... he went without having maybe picked up knock against Cardiff, and will be well strung out with travel before the weekend so would likely not have played anyway!

8. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

A veritable Pandora's box has now been opened and only time will tell what exactly they are looking for inside.

9. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Load of old tosh...Let's see if the same is implemented in every game played from now till the end of the season.......I think not!

10. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Seems fair enough to me. Players play act and make a meal of things to get another booked or sent off they will get dealt with. City have had theirs which will warn other not to do similar and we don't want City getting a Warnock reputation.

11. oneforthebristolcity

It's seen in nearly every game throughout the world.....Lets see how consistent it becomes!!
    If you stub a bare toe against a ledge, have a quick look at your face once you've done it......ahh but it wasn't ya face that got hurt!!

12. Red Alert

Seriously mate I have been watching City since the seventies and I have never seen a player do the same in a red shirt ever. Its not a City thing behaving like that

13. Loathsneyd

So have you seen something different to the rest of us because there is no way you can make such a judgement on a person on the one I’ve seen

AshtonRed likes this.
  14. Red Alert

eh??

15. Loathsneyd

Just like to know what you are judging Wright on to call him a cheat as I can’t see how anyone can do this conclusively on the one video I’ve seen and so was wondering if you had seen a different one

16. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

In the England Brazil game, Gabriel Jesus went down in the 58th minute after a knock to the knee. The first televised shot of him, on his back, shows both of his hands to his face!!!

17. Red Alert

As somebody who boxed and played rugby that little push would not put me down or have me holding my face when it was not touched. Pros who know about knocks looked at it and felt the same. posters on this thread similar. Your us with respect is not all of us and I cant remember ever seeing a City player go down like that when pushed in the chest and hold his face before but maybe it is the modern new breed for you. ironic that on here people want a clampdown on cheats but don't want it to apply to City players.

18. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

statement for SENSATIONALISM ........AND not by Wright ! my comment to the same judgement made by Clifton was round and hairy! same again methinks .. video is inconclusive, if anything the ref was at fault, had he booked them both nothing would have happened, even if had just booked the Fulham geezer nowt would have happened

19. Loathsneyd

The only clear evidence the video shows was that he was hit. It doesn’t show clearly where he was hit, how hard he was hit or how badly he was hurt. It also shows evidence that Wright was holding his face, which people do when they are hurt. I don’t know if he was hurt or was faking it. From that video evidence nobody can tell that for definite. I just think if somebody is casting aspersions on someone’s character by basically calling him a cheat they would do it on a lot more evidence than this video

AshtonRed likes this.
  20. oneforthebristolcity

Looking to go down in the penalty box with the slight touch of the sock is cheating........goes on in nearly every game...
    No I don't want cheating, either wearing a city shirt or not....But these decisions need to be consistent or not at all.Will it happen? My answer is no, not with the amounts of money at stake.

AshtonRed likes this.