1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

World Cup Rants Plus Wally Of The Week etc

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Trippier and Maguire were my 2 standout players. And the goalie saved us a few times with some World class saves

2. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

I only watched the highlights later in the evening or rather lowlights and from what I saw totally agree with you mate.As I have said before we only got as far as we did because of the favourable draw we had we met Belgium twice and lost both times and then lost to Croatia. We can't cope technically with the better and more skilful teams and honestly it makes me wonder how England would do in leagues 1 and 2 up against teams that are very physical in their play.Southgate is not the answer to England's problems, the premier league is ,with all the foreign players stopping our youngsters coming through we have no chance. Our youngsters done well in the youth tournaments and clearly have talent but are not gonna get regular 1st team football at their clubs because of the lack of restrictions on Johnny foreigners.

Ron likes this.
  3. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

If only we had taken our chances against Croatia it could have been us getting hammered by the French

Ron likes this.
  4. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I think that kills Lloris chances of being the best keeper in the World Cup, the fourth French goal looked as though Vida was worn out the way he half-hearted lifted his leg.

5. Guywanderer

Well it had to be France win the world cup on bastard day

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Surely wally of the tournament

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Griesman dived. Didn't just fall over for his free kick outside the box but dived. He wasn't touched. The Ref and VAR people are a bunch of fecking idiots. I hate cheating and most of all the people who do it. I expected the French to win the game. They sullied their win by their cheating. Not just once and not just one player but several. They are used to it though. Thiery Henry wasn't shy of a hand of god to put the Irish out a few years back. Rant over.

God knew. He rained on their parade.

Ron likes this.
  8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

9. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

Guywanderer likes this.
  10. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

<laugh>

11. Guywanderer

Football is all about opinions I thought it was a foul for the free kick although he made the most of it as for the pen it was not the fault of VAR just the rules attached to it the ref had given a goal kick when he looked at the VAR he could clearly see it was a corner but he didn't have that choice so had to give a pen two wrongs don't make a right

12. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The free kick isn't an opinion mate it is a fact. Nobody I've heard or read thinks he got touched. Every replay I've seen shows absolutely that he wasn't touched. The bloke is a serial cheat because he does it quite frequently. They cheated for goal one. The Penalty decision was slightly more opinion. It did hit his hand but very few think there was any deliberate intent and that's my opinion also. The Ref took an age looking at it so it couldn't have been that obvious to him either. Under the rules he therefore should not have awarded the penalty. That's the second wiped off. I make that 2 - 2 after normal time. The French won it unfairly in my book so they can celebrate all they like this competition is tainted for me. If it was England and they had done what the French have then I would not be celebrating. Gaining something on a lie is not really winning is it.