1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

World Cup 2018

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, May 17, 2018.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I agree, I meant no lower but somewhere up there. Who’d be considered better really?
    De Gea
    Lloris
    Courtois
    Ederson?

Arsenal and Liverpool out the top 6 don’t have a better keeper, nobody else really stands out. Pickford probably will become a top GK

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

De Gea
    courtois
    Ederson
    Lloris

Then I’d say all at a very similar level:
    Kasper
    Pickford
    Butland
    Heaton
    Pope
    Cech?
    Karius
    Forster

... makes you realise the quality of premier league goalkeepers currently actually.

3. JohnTheFox

I’d probably leave the bottom 3 our, well cech due to his age as he was great back in the day. Butland I think is prone to an error but Heaton and Pope have been class. They are yet to prove it over a sustained period like Kasper so would put him ahead right now. If he left I’d try for one of them though as they’ll unlikely be able to keep both happy. Pope only got his chance as Heaton was injured

4. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

World Cup Semi Final place for England and our own Harry Maguire with the first goal
    <party><party><party>

JohnTheFox likes this.
  5. JohnTheFox

Really conflicted who I want to win this out of Russia and Croatia. Russia looks easier on paper but have the crowd and Home advantage. Also I worry about political implications if we are the ones to knock Russia out (if we did). However Croatia are winnable but have some top players that would cause us greater problems that anyone else we’ve faced

6. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Never rated Heaton or Forster

Too early to put Pope in that catergory and Karius is crap

7. Proud Fox

33 – Harry Maguire has won more aerial duels than any other defender at World Cup 2018. Slab.

#Eng⁠ ⁠ #WorldCup⁠ ⁠

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Everyone will be sniffing around soon - given the number of CBs we are linked with, maybe it was expected.

9. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

No chance we'll sell until next summer, another good season and we should be looking for a VVD amount of money.

10. Proud Fox

I think we should be after more then that now

English premium
    Good World cup always see prices go high
    Young and will only improve

Bidding should start at least £80M

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are planning to offer him a new contract with around triple his current wages so we'll see what his plans are - if he rejects it then lets see who gives a decent bid.

12. Proud Fox

He is already on £70K. Cant see them offering £210K. More then likely he will get about £120K

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Read that he was on £40k - either way we are apparently going to offer around £120k.

14. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

With Mahrez off, it will likely free up some of the wage budget, just need to offload some others to balance the books.

15. Foxy in Foyle

well it's over but think the boys did us proud. A young squad who will improve and they managed to do much better than the previously lauded golden generation's.

16. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Let me be the first to whinge, - too many Spurs players, they're not used to winning. Technically means we should win the third place play off.

17. JohnTheFox

Where to start there. We exceed all expectations and it’s been great that the country and come together and got so excited. Disappointed that it ended with somewhat of a whimper and the kitchen sink being left firmly sealed in place though! When will we take our chances and our games out of sight?

Star performers Imo were Maguire, Trippier, Pickford and Stones although he lost his man for their winner last night but until then.

Kane was good, anonymous in the last 2 but showed balls of steel with the penalties against Colombia. Probably his best game was against Tunisia when the goals weren’t pens. Can’t say a guy who may still win the golden boot was any less than good though.

Henderson does the dirty work. Had a good tournament. Unfortunate with his penalty in the shootout but didn’t cost us.

Alli and Lingard, they were ok, no more no less. Both got a goal and are young.

Young was good, needs to trust his left a bit more but not at fault for anything defensively and contributed going forward.

Only two bad performers for me were Sterling and Walker. Sterling just doesn’t have a brain for all the positions his pace gets him into.
    Walker I really like but from the pen he gave away in the first game to their equaliser last night when he bent to head it rather than get his body in the way he didn’t have a good one. I think I prefer him in his natural full back/wing back then Centre.

Not surprising overall our best performers were GK and most of the defence. It wasn’t that that cost us in the end. We need to improve at the other end but the group will grow together and learn from this experience I’m sure.

18. Foxy in Foyle

A crumb of comfort from last night is that no one individual will have to carry that defeat for the rest of their careers. No penalty miss, no red card. Young team beaten by the better team second half. A team with a lot more experience of game management. It happens. After the expectation and disappointment of previous golden generation's this young team, who weren't really expected to achieve much at this tournament exceeded expectations and restored some pride in our national team.

19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

The Scum and the Daily Fail have their scapegoat in Sterling.

20. JohnTheFox

They just need something to write about. He was probably the worst of the bunch but as foyle said nothing that was a one off game changing error. He just wasn’t clinical when it mattered but he wasn’t the only one