1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

World Cup 2018 - Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheBear, May 25, 2018.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Sweden arnt the best team but they are always hard to beat. Organised and hardworking.

That was one of the most composed, professional England performances I have seen in a long while.

2. TheBear

It's depressing to think that we missed out on Mbappe by a mere £7million in fees.

On a pitch with Hazard, DeBruyne, Pogba amd Griezzman.. Mbappe looks a class of his own.
    At 19 years old this guy has some future ahead of him.

3. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

We technically missed out, but he would have left at any available opportunity. The guy is desperate for a move to Real Madrid and it would have been a headache to keep him. Though we would have made a tidy profit!

I have to say i was expecting Belgium to go through, as i thought that they've been the best team in the tournament. Their key players didn't perform in the match unfortunately and i still think that Lukaku is too up and down for my liking.

4. TheBear

I feel like France is the better draw for England in some ways.

They are a little more mercurial - I feel like they either look incredible or vulnerable.

Belgium are more solid. In fact Belgium are basically like a Premierleague side.

5. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Part of me thinks England have a chance and then sanity takes over and I worry that records could be set for the biggest defeat in a World Cup final.

Of course England still have to get past Croatia, which is going to require another huge slice of luck.

6. TheBear

Take these two sides (France and England) out of the World Cup context. If this was a Premierleague game you would favour France for sure but I wouldnt be suprised if England won at all. Players like Harry Kane, Delli Alli and John Stones. It's a decent side!