1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

World Cup 2014 Thread & Sweepstake

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Mar 7, 2014.

1. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

!!!!!!!

And that illustrates the risks of going public with predictions

<rofl><rofl><rofl><rofl><rofl><rofl>

2. brb

brb Guest

I thought Spain looked comfortable at the start...but we all know what thought did...

3. brb

brb Guest

Right let's be having a bit of passion for the lads tonight...

please log in to view this image

4. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

Italy 0 - 2 England

The Italians will suffer as much as us in the heat and the pitch doesn't look too good for a passing game

5. brb

brb Guest

I'm going to avoid predicting for tonight because i would only be able to apply bias to my own nation...i live in hope instead.

6. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

brb....why is your signature only showing on some of your posts and not all of them? <confused>

7. brb

brb Guest

I had the world cup in it, but the size of the picture was irritating me, so i unticked now and then not to show it...but now i've got rid of it altogether and just left the old signature bits.

8. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

irritating - you should have put it in the ARGS thread - I'm sure that's got irritating recently.

9. brb

brb Guest

strange comment...what's that about, it's coming across as though you are irritating yourself?

if your referring to your neighbour posts, I'm lost on what else to say...there is clearly dementia concerns and in truth i feel uncomfortable mocking them as much has the situation may be disturbing and irritating for you.

if your referring to the other stuff about women they are provocative and sexist in nature in my opinion. I thought you would know my nature well enough that i will not respond to that kind of stuff.

I'd ask you politely to behave yourself from this mischief...whether you choose to see my point is another matter.

10. alwaysright

You got it in one - just having a slightly worse week than 'normal' - seems that I can't avoid irritation.................. and I never even gave you the details of my neighbour trying to extort another £4 for the flowers in her broken pot

11. brb

brb Guest

I don't know what to suggest but it is becoming unhealthy for you and your neighbour. It's no longer humourous. You need to share it and talk with someone and that's fine but this needs more professional guidance. Straight talking it's no longer funny.

12. alwaysright

It hasn't been humourous for me for a long time. I've contemplated moving - but I am (otherwise) happy with where I am. I have tried to ignore the woman - but she is obsessed with me. None of my neighbours 'get on' with her - but she directs everything at me. I've said before that I believe it is dementia - but she is physically capable of looking after herself - so society wouldn't really care.
    I am at a loss as to how to deal with the nonsense I get - I really do not want to be nasty ( which could be considered acceptable considering the provocation I receive ) - I suppose I am trying to make light of the nonsense to deflect what could be angry reaction from me - - perhaps I should just tell her to go forth - maybe even make an 'idle' threat to 'scare' her off.

If you feel that members don't want the latest episode of my mad world I'll not bother with further updates - I will sit back and let all the other members have a chance to 'amuse' - just didn't think we were being inundated with anecdotes this (or any) week.

13. brb

brb Guest

it's not for me to decide what members want. You appeared to have either...asked me a question or make statement requiring reply at #128. I gave you my individual response.

14. alwaysright

Thank you for your input - at least you stuck to your principles of freedom of speech and 'you' didn't delete the post.

15. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Apologies for bringing the thread back on track with a triviality, but I'm preparing to be the first exit from the sweepstake by 6.45 this evening.

Or probably 5.45 if Holland play like they did against Spain.

16. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

17. brb

brb Guest

From Italia 90 to the virus of SKY 1992 - within the space of 24 months, English football changed forever, despite the billions that has passed through the Premier League, English football for the National team has continued to decline.

The FA is a dinosaur, it has created a monster that is now completely out of control. People wonder why it continues to go so wrong, blaming individual players such as Gerrard and Rooney but that is just bias club loyalties placing untold pressure on England managers. Whereas the real problem is deep rooted in our game at the very top. It's like trying to ask Sepp Blatter of FIFA to step down, the monster goes from strength to strength on the pure greed, individual celebrity status, corruption and plastics.

Trouble is now the purist's are a dying breed, losing a battle to the modern game....then we wonder why England continue to do so badly.

Hate modern football.

18. alwaysright

brb
    I understand what you mean - but in a week that hasn't been brilliant for me - last night I nearly passed out with deep joy !

19. town end

town end Member

At least I got one team to cheer on in the knockout stages didn't expect it to be Costa Rica though

20. brb

brb Guest

Costa Rica have been unbelievable, certainly some debate in there as well regards their team in comparison to the so called bigger countries and footballing ways.