1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Women having drinks spiked ...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

If a woman isn't in a fit state to say yes, she shouldn't have to say no.

2. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

...and there you go again, 'saff' is it? in that case i am not surprised by your comments and your 'nit-picking' of selected parts of replies with which to back your 'case'.

firstly, read all my comments and you will find that i detest rapists, abusers, bullies, pedos and the rest of the scum of this planet.

secondly, do not call me names when you obviously have zero idea about me.

third, i have said anyone abusing/raping/drugging anyone is completely wrong and that NO ONE has the right to do any of this and should be hammered.

fourth, i guess i could go and disect every reply you make just to continue this pointless argument simply because you have chosen a (wrong) stance and have decided to have yet another go at a certain poster, you most certainly ARE part of the problem as you fail to look at all sides of anything, preferring to take a stance based usually on morals alone hoping that your high horse approach makes it appear as if you are a 'better person', sometimes i feel this approach is not actually how you are but it 'looks good' in a forum.

fifth, at no point have i even suggested in any small way that a woman is 'asking for it', i am simply saying this is a problem that both male and female can work together by changing attitudes but whatever i post in reply you are simply going to pull a few lines from to continue your pointless argument so i will end my replies to you with this.

3. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

If I'm in no fit state to be mugged I shouldn't have to tell someone not to take my wallet.

Sadly this is the real world where you have to take reasonable care and consider the possible consequences of your actions.

As the internet demonstrates their are all kinds of weirdos in society and I find it unfair to throw the blame onto night club security staff if someone ends up mortally drunk or 'spiked'.

MI5, the police and security services can't stop terrorist attacks from known activists or prevent our MPs from being hacked to death by people they have on file as threats.

The women who are demanding doormen carry out thorough body searches and intense surveillance are, sorry to say, talking out of their arse. Becoming drunk and incapable then expecting other people to stop someone slipping something into your drink, in a busy dark club, is nonsense tbh.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  4. samwise_new

100% this...

the punishment for such scum cannot fit the crime or why do so many re-offend?

honest, i have called for castration for years, if they are going to keep offending then give them no choice, but every time i hear of a false accusation my blood boils as this can ruin a persons life, i have even seen cases of ex's that have tried to get 'their own back' on a lad by claiming he abused the kids...false accusations do nothing to help women as it just makes it harder to convict the real scum.

5. Smug in Boots

We're all vulnerable mate, being blind drunk greatly increases that vulnerability. It's a terrible thing to say but perhaps these recent spiking cases might make women consider having a good drink without ending up in a mess. Already the 'girls night in' movement have started to organise what they see as safer gatherings.

Unfortunately 95% of rapes are by someone the victims know.

Universities have a major problem with rape and sexual assault which really isn't adequately addressed by the authorities or police. And, sadly, 'being spiked' is sometimes a very convenient cover story for getting mortal and doing something you regret.

samwise_new likes this.
  6. Disco down under

A raping and a mugging are two very different crimes.

The Norton Cat and HoratioCarter like this.
  7. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

I think the people spiking women’s drinks are also pretty damned responsible mind. Drunk or not drunk if I found some bloke spiked my 19 year old daughters drink there’d be hell to pay

The Norton Cat and HoratioCarter like this.
  8. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

How would you know the next day? If she has zero recollection then that doesn’t mean she’s not in a fit state. I’ve been that drunk. Completely lost hours of my life. Yet I managed to walk home on my own. And even back to my hotel room in Austria 2 nights into a ski trip. That tells me I was capable of saying yes or no. Just because she can’t remember, doesn’t mean she’s incapable.

Dancingstripes likes this.
  9. Disco down under

I've never been accused of raping a bird, conscious, unconscious, or anywhere in between.

I'm pretty good at knowing where I can and cannot stick my dick. I don't know how anyone struggles with that to be honest.

And this thread was about women getting raped, not women forgetting they have sex while pissed. Big difference. Not every rape occurs when people are pissed. Alcohol can't be blamed for everything.

10. Smug in Boots

That's irrelevant, being semi conscious increases your risk in both cases which is my point.

I love a drink but consider the circumstances.

On Tuesday I left Crewe after the game and stopped for a pint elsewhere. The Gateshead lads I'd been with, pre-match, went back to the same pub, Corner Bar, as they were staying over. I was invited but declined.

Pre-match it was rammed with our lot and the Crewe lads gradually left. It was obvious to me that the locals would be annoyed by having their pub taken over and being thrashed 4-0. It was also obvious that the locals would be likely to have a pint locally whereas there'd just be a few of our stragglers.

Sure enough a bunch of their lads came in looking for trouble. My mates are just one big lad, who organises the tickets, travel, accom, and mostly teenagers and younger lads. So they just kept their cool and refused to rise to the bait. Paul rang after it happened and said 'good job you weren't here just now' as he knows I'd have probably reacted.

There's no way I should have to avoid having a drink, in any public house, but this is the real world and I have to accept that or put myself in situations best avoided imo.

11. Disco down under

Going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Nothing any one will ever say will make me think a woman should have gone to more effort not to get raped.

samwise_new and rooch 3 like this.
  12. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

You are right about universities, when I first retired I was heavily involved in a university not far from sid james park.

The last time I had been so involved was the begining of the 70s, probably not know for its PC correctness or espousal of feminist issues.
    However, I was now shocked at the attitude and stance of the male undergraduates and the stuff that was written in the university intranets was awful. New women undergraduates 18/19 year olds were fresh meat and competitions were held as to who could shag the most, they were subsequently named and scored. Although tbf, all hell was breaking out about this. Imho attitudes had taken several steps backwards

As a father of a daughter and granddaughter, i do wonder if these 'lads' had mothers, sisters and aunts...

Smug in Boots likes this.
  13. Norway

Norway Well-Known Member

The police have checked 4 women who claimed to have been spiked 3 out of 4 had no trace of drugs in her body, the fourth tests were inconclusive so they have to test further.

14. Smug in Boots

It's appalling mate, to the point where I worry about my lovely little granddaughter going to university.

However, as a doorman in Nottingham for over a decade, I have to admit Freshers Week was an equal opportunity event.

Thursday night was student night and I used to wonder what the parents of some girls would think.

That's their choice and, fair play, but it too often ends in tears of one sort or another ...

... handbags, coats, phones, shoes, etc lost, fall outs and fights with between girls, drug taking going wrong and ambulances being called.

And, of course, accepting 'help' to get home from the wrong bloke and waking up thinking wtf.

15. samwise_new

pretty much 100% again, women should not have to 'prepare to not be raped' if they want a night out...the whole point of a night out is to chill and relax for a few hours, wear as you like (obviously within the realms of decency) and have fun...but, there are scum out there waiting and wanting to take any advantage they can and this is where some care and attention is needed.

i don't know the answer, wish i did as i want everyone to feel safe, i doubt there even is an answer.

Pure River Slut and rooch 3 like this.
  16. Disco down under

I just dont understand what we then say to the girls who were dressed modestly and sober when they were raped.

"Hard luck, you did your best."

17. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

I’m with you mate 100%. Keep your dick out of people who either aren’t consenting to it or are not a capable of judging whether they do. It’s that simple. And don’t put drugs in vulnerable people without their consent or you are a dangerous weirdo. It’s time blokes got together to put other blokes straight on this, not blaming women for a man’s lack of respect.

Sunderpitt and Montysoptician like this.
  18. Smug in Boots

And that's the crack in Nottingham with the clubs, very few people are swallowing these stories of hypodermics being used.

We used to do highly visible nightly body searches at Rock City so everyone was well aware. I'd be on the front door, until it was getting round to the first band going on, and always made a big scene when I found stuff. I still have a collection of flick knives, knuckle dusters, etc, as souvenirs. Anyone found with a needle would've been lucky to get away with a life ban as they'd be endangering our safety as well as being a total knob. I never found one in a decade.

If anyone kicked off at things being confiscated and refused entry they'd either be held while the polis arrived or taken into the fire escape for 'a lecture'.

I really don't believe this story about syringes being taken into Nottingham clubs and neither do any of the lads I've spoken to.

Incidentally, checking 4 students and finding no trace of drugs in their body is highly suspicious, sounds like a cover up to me <laugh>

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  19. Smug in Boots

That's it in a nutshell, take reasonable care in what you do knowing that there are scum out there ...

... I don't see how that's controversial tbh.

samwise_new likes this.
  20. samwise_new

this is also true, i just wish the scum could control their urges...i have been with drunk women and made sure they got safely home, i felt it was my 'duty' so to speak...maybe my upbringing i don't know but the thought of having to force myself on someone or taking advantage simply did not cross my mind and don't get me wrong, as a teen/young man all i wanted was to have as much sex as i could get my hands on but some things are just wrong, it is that simple.

i just cannot understand how someone can have sex with another person who really does not want any part of it, for me there has to be a mutual enjoyment and participation.