1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wolves vs Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by bobo_97, Apr 24, 2019.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Brunel has answered most of that quite well already. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Iwobi, just frustrated with him because he gets into brilliant positions, pulls defenders out of shape and then lets himself and his team mates down with his final ball.

2. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Correction - He's on £120k per week. But that's still too much and he's still one of our highest earners, which is ridiculous.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Decent squad player, but that wage is criminal.

4. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

This is it about Iwobi. It's I think he should get 1 more season under Emery. He improved this season. Its his end product that is a let down. I remember Raheem Sterling having the same issues and now seems to have worked it out. I believe in Iwobi's talent but football is unforgiving sometimes. 1 more season and if there's no improvement I would cut him loose. There is plenty of potential there.

PINKIE likes this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah I reckon that’s a fair assessment. He definitely needs to improve his end product and to be fair the lad is still only 22 so he’s got time on his side.

But we have to balance the fact that he’s taking up a place in the squad that we could improve upon. So I’d agree, one more season and if we don’t see a marked improvement in his finishing then we should let him go.