1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wolves v Manchester United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It was a 50/50 challenge with both players going for the ball. And I thought we were all accepting that the refs are right to let the game be a bit more physical? Oh yeh, until United get physical. Then it's a foul and we should stop the game and disallow goals <doh>

The irony of course being Souness did far worse as a player. Bitter kopite d1ck.

It was checked by VAR btw, there was minimal contact and they saw nothing in it.

cytrax likes this.
  2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

We had far more composure than Wolves in total. But we didn't penetrate the final third until change of formation and substitutes. Sancho and James were largely ineffective.

I thought it was a proper match and not a freebie. It is games like these that we need to get stuck in and win throughout the season.

3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Fkin dk he is! I have no idea why he is ranting like a mad man. We had a foul against Bruno overlooked last week that then led to us conceding. I bet he didn't cry about it.

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I actually agree with all of that.

I would just like us to create some chances - something, anything in terms of actually having a shot on goal. Compare that with Wolves who were peppering our goal at times and had so many opportunities to score. Wolves are poor because they have nobody to finish their chances. We are poor because we're not creating any chances in the first place. And that always seems to be the case against teams that set up to sit back and hit us on the counter attack. It's like we have no game plan for that.

We're both saying we're poor in the final third. That's a problem don't you think? If we were creating chances but struggling to score I'd have less of a problem with that because I know it'll come right.

cytrax likes this.
  5. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

This was a tough game. Wolves it has to be said didn’t deserve to lose. But as Keane said you can’t have a lot of sympathy for them if they are missing such clear chances. Apparently they were the same the last 2 games. They dominated and had lots of chances but lost 1-0.

so happy with the result. Those who are already criticising the manager are out of order. This is a reasonable start to the season so let’s give him a chance. Don’t get me wrong, I am NOT saying that he shouldn’t be criticised but let’s not be like that ****ing scumbag Craig Burley of ESPN so anti United that he castigates him at every opportunity.

cytrax and Treble like this.
  6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Fair enough Smithy <ok>

Christiansmith likes this.
  7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Just watching a re-run of Ronny's United PL goals on Sky, if we get half of that man back we have won the World <laugh>

forgot just how good the man/boy was for us with both feet and his head <doh>
    Every time Greenwood scores for us i txt my lad with the same message "Mason doesn't miss", well, he may have the accuracy but the power is a vastly different thing :grin:

8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

If Greenwood gets consistent game time for us this season, I can see him getting 20 goals quite easily. He is a special clutch player.

Diego likes this.
  9. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

What's it come to on here? Nearly all just Cytrax and Treble with a couple of posts from Chris and Diego. Pretty sad really.

Treble likes this.
  10. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

International break time. i suspect things will liven up when CR7 is named on the teamsheet.

cytrax and Diego like this.

11. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Red is here because he has secretly ordered a CR7 shirt.

glazerfodder likes this.
  12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Fck knows tbh. It's the only footy forum with so few United fans.

Thankfully they have me on here though so it's all good.

Diego likes this.