1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wolves v City Match Facts

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Angelicnumber16, Sep 12, 2017.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

we are now approaching a part of the season where neither end is very far away... on paper. Derby City and Fulham are currently "11th" on 10pts just, on paper 1 win fro top 6!
    However, and there is always a however, 3 results from the relegation zone.
    Most on here over the years have agreed that 10 results is a time when you can make your first assessment of " how is my team doing" as a general rule 13 pts at this conjecture is " not so bad"
    at this point you get a feel for at least 4 teams likely to be in the mix at the top and 2 or 3 likely be struggling in the bottom 5 or 6.
    the most important factor is who you have played and whether H or A
    City for example........
    played 6 of the current bottom 10, although Reading and Barnsley could both if games were level be on a par, and just 1 team above them, Wolves who were 3rd at the time.
    From the 18 pts available from the bottom 6 we managed to scrape 2W 3D 1 L = 9 pts in my book we are on a scale of 1 -20( 20 best) at 8 or 9.

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

3. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Agree. As I've put elsewhere we're in danger of becoming the draw experts. Whilst I'm pleased we've only lost 1 game so far (albeit to a team that are frankly struggling a bit). Points wise, I'd rather we won a couple and then lost one, rather than having 3 draws. Drawing lots of games can keep you well down the table.

5. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

True - in some ways, it's more risky to settle for a draw (if you have a say in it!) than go for the win, as one win and one loss is still worth more to you than two draws.

Still, we're showing a doggedness that was maybe lacking before - when we're looking for goals and putting the ball into the mixer, we have a nice combination of big target men and high-energy, diminutive players, able to get a shot off (I'm thinking Reid and Paterson). They're not always the prettiest goals, but equally valuable to 30 yard screamers.