1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wolves game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Jul 21, 2017.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

I am not a big fan of pre-season friendlies but have decided to go to this one to get a sneak preview of some of the summer signings. It really is a different model under the Hurst regime than what we have had previously in League 1.He is prepared to give non-league and league 2 players a chance and also seems to have upped the overall quality of the loanees. We should not get carried away before the season has started but I am at least hopeful we will not be involved in another dire relegation struggle and can start to properly establish ourselves in League 1.

2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think they will give us a tad more of a game than Villa did.

I'm attending the Tuesday game, unable to go today as we'll be doing a stint on a stall at the beer festival to raise money for pub in Yorton.

3. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

An interesting game where our midfield (especially Morris and Nolan) looked up for it in the first half. I also liked the look of Shelis in the second half (is he really just seventeen?), Rodman was on a going day and the other Morris took his goal well. We seem to be looking fit and Hurst certainly has more options than last season. Cant believe the reports from Wolves complaining about our tackling - they need to man up a bit. We were also treated to the amusing sight of twenty or so Wolves fans apparently heading for the exit when the second goal went in after half an hour! I would like to have this ref again as he was a blatant homer who looked as if about to blow for a stonewall Wolves penalty and then changed his mind. All in all a really encouraging display.

4. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Two good results in a week. A much more positive start than last season. Hopefully this will instill a good mood in the shrewscamp.