1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wolves Fans

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Hilts24, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Hilts. Brightened my morning. Read the first page but will save more for later.

There were a mixed bag, some more balanced than others.

My favourite was 'Cardiff came with the most negative game plan ever'. We were so negative we had 17 attempts on goal compared to their 12. We must have had 11 men behind the ball at all times to achieve that.

3. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

<cheers> A good laugh ? yes but let's be honest most football fans only see things from their teams point of view.

The Wolves fans are just a little over the top.

4. blueturk the cat

blueturk the cat Well-Known Member

I liked this one..........

On the whole, Cardiff marshalled the game better than us although a point wouldn't have been an unfair result. Their attacking line performed better than ours and Zohore in particular looked excellent with his pace, strength and shooting ability. Can't help but think he'll be onto greater things.

Wolves had spells of dominance but Cardiff looked very dangerous on every attack. It seemed that the team was not properly prepared for the physicality of Cardiff.

A note on the conduct of Cardiff. First and foremost, it was very effective. However, I am not convinced that it was permissible.
    1) Cardiff players frequently feigned injury off the ball during counterattacking moments to slow momentum.
    2) Some of the challenges were patently not for the ball but to cause damage.
    3) there were numerous off the ball incidents, most notably the elbow/clothesline/karate chop on Saiss, which went completely unpunished but even if accidental, is a straight red given that he took a hit the throat and I could hear his scream from the BW.
    4) time was frequently wasted during set pieces and goal kicks.

Some of these things are par for the course, sure, but the level of violence and unsportsmanlike conduct is a real shame. Actually, Cardiff looked a much better side in the second half when they eased off and stopped cheating.

Referee was absolutely pathetic. Completely bottled the game and had no control over conduct. Ditto linesman. Highlight for me was a Cardiff player going down with a bad leg in the first half, and the game getting stopped, compared to Jota getting kicked in the head in the 90th minute and the game continuing.
    Pessimistic Wolf, Yesterday at 7:00 PM

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

How often have we seen opponents indulge in such "alleged" behaviour at CCS. I'm not condoning what may have happened <whistle> but that is the nature of football today.

Are Wolves so whiter than white that if one goal ahead away at promotion rivals they would not deliberately slow things down or appear to have serious injuries only to spring up again after treatment?

Welcome to the real world Wolves. Our manager is a proven winner in the Championship. We are still to see if the Wolves manager can achieve that.

6. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

What had me was:

"Cardiff came with a game plan frustrated us it worked. Typical Warnock style he's won his cup final against us."

<laugh> are Wolves fans really THAT dilusional?

7. BluefromBridgend

It appears so Jay. So far up their own backsides they can sneeze and fart through the same hole!!!

Jay-Rede likes this.
  8. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

Now that teams know how to play against them any team with quality players should beat them IMO. They'll finish around mid-table and maybe challenge for the playoffs but their season goes down from here

9. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

We've played a number of formations with changes in personnel to win our games. Warnock has that vision and the management team to deliver against that.

Wolves appear to be one trick ponies. A very good trick, but that doesn't make them and their manager better than us and ours. A freebie against a £15m pound player, and who came out on top.

Wolves may finish above us, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Money isn't everything.

10. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Forget Wolves, they've been tamed and brought crashing down to earth.

You can bet QPR will be up for a game on Saturday given the identity of their manager!

NW likewise given his past with that club.

11. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

QPR should be a great game - far harder than Wolves who came off their pedestal through the realities of Championship football.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see a fluid passing game every week, but getting a win and the three points sometimes needs more than tippy tappy stuff.

Holloway knows that as much as Warnock (well almost as much) and will have a plan. This could be a classic game of commitment over football but I'd like to see a lot of both.

We've had our differences with QPR fans over the years but they're light years ahead of Wolves in the reality stakes.

12. BluefromBridgend

True Nin.

Likely to be a feisty one. Looking forward to it.

13. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Bored in Botswana so read all the trash. Some sensible guys on there and some typical Black Country knobs with golden eyes. Interestingly, the ones who were not at the game and watched on TV seem to see things more realistically...... but are shouted down by the 'real' fans who see everything from 100 yards away, without the benefit of replays.
    They all think a lot of themselves though and see promotion from L1 to Prem. as their God-given right.
    Is that merited or simply a desperate need due to the high spend they have undertaken. It's Promised Land or bust!!!

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  14. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

15. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

They also can't let go of the fact that they do not have a God-given right to fly straight through to the prem. I suspect they realise it's this year or they go bust and will drop down again.

16. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

to be fair, most on them, apart from the odd whining comment, say that we deserved to beat them....

we just steamrolled them - out battled and outplayed them. teams that think they have a right to win if they play tippy tappy football are soon found out in this league - as they found out......... <laugh><ok>