1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Winter News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Nov 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Mid-week lull.

2. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

I'm trying to have a day off. Bolton Saturday, Bristol last night and Ipswich this weekend, plus 5 signings in a week and a misconduct charge. Give me a break!

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Slackers the lot of them notdistant............

4. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

:emoticon-0172-mooni:emoticon-0172-mooni:emoticon-0127-lipss:emoticon-0127-lipss

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

WELL REALLY...........

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

You’ve raised expectations now Lyndhurst!

Seriously, I think fans are surprised and delighted at how quickly the recruitment team have been able to act. There are no guarantees of course but recruitment over the past couple of seasons has been faultless. That’s a big word but I think it’s justified: not a duff player among them, including some the fans weren’t entirely enthusiastic about when the news broke but before they saw them play.

Well done all of you.

Greenarmyjoe likes this.
  7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Steady on notDistant....don't puff up Lindy too much......remember we did let him win the new year prediction bonus.....and he might win the end of season one as well.

8. notDistantGreen

It’s fact isn’t it? Not just Lyndhurst of course, neither is it haste, but preparedness.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I think that things will come to ahead before the January window closes for Morgan Whittaker.

It seems that they have refused an offer for him...(is that Argyles Offer ?).....they also realize that if they play him he cannot play for a third club this season......so play him or let him come back to Argyle to continue developing....what will they do ?

They have said that he will not be involved this weekend for them....keeping the door open for an acceptable offer from elsewhere....will they get one....or will Argyle increase their offer.....or will Swansea let him come back to us to continue gaining experience and value.

If Swansea play him then there is no other option than to include him regularly in there own squad or let him return to us.

Of course with Argyle bringing in five players....four of them permanently... will Argyle still have room for another player even if it is Whittaker.

Greenarmyjoe likes this.
  10. notDistantGreen

There’s also the question of how much has already been spent. We’re all pleased to see Argyle so active in the transfer market but what’s left in the kitty?

In his recent interview, Neil Dewsnip said that the objective at the start of the year had been to go one step further than last year and make the play-offs, but that was now too low a target. We’re now where we wanted to be next year. Sights have been raised and money’s been spent to push for promotion, automatically if possible.

I’d love to see Whittaker return now or in the summer but it’s been made clear that financial sustainability is the over-rising principle and rightly so.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

A nervous time ahead for Argyle at the chance of losing yet another player to a re-call might be in the air.

Norwich's new manager is assessing his requirements on how to get his team up and running for the rest of the season.

The possible re-call of Bali Mumba is one of many things that might benefit his team.

That would be a very cruel thing for Argyle and would make you think that the football gods have definately got it in for Schumacher's team.

12. notDistantGreen

I’ve read his comments. He says he’s happy with his full backs and that Mumba is gaining good experience at Argyle with the prospect of a promotion battle to come. He does say the situation will be reviewed but there’s not much there to suggest a recall is likely.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You know the Argyle Fan way notdistant. Never ever let what is actually said get in the way of a good panic. Mind you given the huge disappointments over the years I suppose it is a bit understandable.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Glasgow Rangers it seems made enquiries about signing Morgan Whittaker....but their valuation fell short of what Swansea wanted.

15. notDistantGreen

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle's away trip to Accrington has been rearranged for the third time because of their FA Cup Comittment.

It will now be played on Tuesday 21st March at 7.45pm.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Last day of the season has been moved for Div 1 to ...Sunday 7th May....to avoid the Kings Coronation on the 6th.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Yes really good of everyone to move it like that and do yet another 12 noon kick off time. They still won't make me watch the Pomp Show on the Saturday and I hope his horse cart breaks down on the way. I suppose if it does he can always get Camilla to pull the cart.

Greenarmyjoe likes this.
  19. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Well really...Mr S.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You might gather from that I'm not a fan of Charlie and his partner. No morals either of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.