1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wine and dine

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gioblues, Mar 21, 2022.

1. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Was very fortunate to win a wine and dine experience with my season ticket.
    I could take a guest so took the misses. We had a very nice afternoon. As we're all men on are table apart from my wife she had a bottle of white wine to herself. We had lager. We had starter and chicken before game and desert at ht. We could have more drinks aswell as tea or coffee. We were sat with Mr Scally and directors on padded seats on level 2 above the Gillingham management with great view. Also before game on are table Mr Scally spoke with us and welcomed us .
    We saw a very good performance from Gills just a shame could not score. After game we went back to are table and had cheese and crackers/biscuits with more drinks, all free.
    Then Lloyd said a few words about injure before giving the mom to O Keffe who said a few words about game before we were invited to speak with them and have photos taken.
    Then Mr Scally came over to us and asked if he could sit with us. I then asked are all the players out of contract as we could only sign players for one year. He said no there are a few who will still be under contract next season. Ehmer was one, O Keffe might be another and Tutonda. Think also said McDonald. Also Woods . I assume if true they were signed before embargo, which is not embargo lol.Also spoke of Evans lies and more lies. I asked him why he wouldn't let Evans go to Stvenage when they came if by that time you had enough .Basically he said they only offered 25k and were speaking before were allowed to. So basically Evans thought he had the job and Scally said no way unless they offer 100k.
    Certainly picked a good match to go to. There were other winners on are table.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    The Gills PegLeg and brb like this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

Thanks for sharing gioblues, always good to hear other people's match day experiences and sharing the chat and thoughts of those that run the club.

3. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Well the 5 I mentioned were on two year deals then. Other 2 were Reeves and Lee.
    Wonder how many will be here 1st game though.