1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wimbledon v Gillingham

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Mar 21, 2019.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

We have played AFC Wimbledon 9 times, unfortunately with only 1 win from those 9 games back in 2012 it is time to up our game.
    The most recent game back in September, saw us lose a poor quality boring game 1 - 0, I would be happy with another boring poor quality game if we score the goal this time.

2. brb

brb CR250

I might turn up for this one <whistle>

grumpygit likes this.
  3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

does our dip in form coincide with brb's lower attendance?
    does this mean that it's all brb's fault.. :huh:

The Gills PegLeg and brb like this.
  4. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I turn up for all the boring games in which we don't score a goal :emoticon-0106-cryin (( we'd have a better chance of scoring if we move the goal 30 feet off the ground ))

5. alwaysright

Here's a little help. The satnav you need is SW19 4ED
    - You'll have more chance of seeing the ball played on the grass................. and with the low roof on the 'away' stand, you'll hardly ever get to see the damned ball.

6. alwaysright

" Is there different sort ?"

7. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Providing this trip is better than the last time I went to AFC Wimbledon where Rory Donnelly forgot his shirt, decided to gift Dominic Poleon an easy 1 on 1 and then get himself sent off in the second half for sticking his middle finger up at the Wombles fans, then I will be happy. <laugh>

Also some Gills trivia for anyone, which current Gills player made their first start in that fateful game at AFC Wimbledon?

8. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I'm guessing you didn't turn up for this one then. :emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl

9. alwaysright

You'd be wrong.
    I didn't want to disappoint the stewards at KingsMeadow. --- they must 'like' me - and were ready and waiting !
    I was 'searched' with some enthusiasm. I was asked to hold out my arms; "I'm going to search your body." For a moment I thought the chap was going to put on a pair of rubber gloves and was going to probe into my intimate parts. I duly stretched out my arms - holding my fleece jacket** in one hand.
    As the steward began to fumble over the contours of my body, he reached my trousers and asked " What's that hard thing in your trousers." (( can I just say - before I continue - I was NOT aroused by the 'experience.' )) --
    Talk about leading with his chin. I just couldn't help myself - I replied "That's Richard." The steward gave me a funny look, and said " What?" I replied " My Dick !." He asked "Let me have a look." He really didn't think before he opened his mouth - I said "That sounds a lot like sexual harassment." I then produced my mobile phone and its' charging lead. I said - "Can we start again, I want to record you touching me."
    Steward wasn't amused. He told me "I'm just doing my job." I told him "I thought you had a sense of humour - you must have one if you work for a club that plays crap football - Don't worry, you won't see me next season - you'll be in League 2 - and if we do join you, I promise to make your job easier - I'll wear a mankini. ......... everyone else laughed !
    ** He didn't search the jacket !!!!

brb likes this.
  10. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

You went to the game...........watched us score 4 goals..................a win against a bogey team.............and your lasting memory is being groped by an admirer.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

11. alwaysright

I have been so accustomed to going to a Gills game and not being entertained, that I look for other sources of amusement -- for instance, when the sprinkler system 'malfunctioned', I would have loved it if there had been a cross-contamination from the nearby chemical flow - mind you, with so much sh*t (usually ), on the pitch, I might have struggled to notice a difference.

In truth, we were lucky not to be 0-3 down inside 10 minutes. We got our equaliser against the run of play (( yes -- it was a nice move ). As for the Burke goal - I can only assume the Wimbledon keeper had been overcome by the fumes from behind his goal. This must have been a body blow to the Wombles - and Gills went on to have a fairly easy 2nd half - in which Eaves should have scored a couple more ----- oh - and can I suggest that he takes a few additional shirts onto the pitch - it seems that defenders want to take his off him all the bloody time - REF !

well done, Gills - you have consigned another 'local' side to L2 - to be replaced by yet more northern teams (( I remember Tranmere, 'away' on a Friday night - should keep Tim happy considering Rochdale are not looking too healthy ))

ps - As for being groped by an admirer - I have many admirers - and as long as they're female.............

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  12. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

13. brb

brb CR250

I certainly can understand why our record is better away from home, the atmosphere is completely different. Constant encouragement of the team, endless singing, away supporters are far more passionate about supporting their team. Whereas at home, the supporters are dispersed around the ground, and the negativity vocally out weights the same noise you hear away.

14. alwaysright

Yes - and we don't seem to like it when it's dark in Gillingham - the last time we won a Tuesday night (league) game was 3.5 years ago -- 24th November 2015. A 2-0 win against Rochdale -- and even in this game, Rochdale had far more attempts on goal - Nelson was a busy man...... 15 games without a win under the floodlights

brb likes this.
  15. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Opening 25-30 were pretty pants by us and we had Ogilvie to thank more than once at the back. After that and the little bit of quality Da Silva Lopes added to link up with Hanlan twice eventually got us our breakthrough and then God knows what their keeper did for Burke's goal. Second half started how we ended the first with getting a goal pretty much straight away, only for it to be denied for offside. We continued to be dominant and probably should have left yesterday having scored five or six.

Enjoyable day which helped motivate the fans. Special mention to Tom Eaves and his work as a groundskeeper for them too. Good beer, good company, good football and a good result. Exactly what the doctor ordered.

brb likes this.