1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wimbledon game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Mar 24, 2018.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Considering both Abu and Ben were out I feared the worst but the incoming players stepped up to the plate and eventually got the job done. Stefan was understandably rusty first half but warmed to the task after halftime and overall put in a decent performance. John fought like a tiger in a more defensive role than usual and Bryn was a bit unlucky to be sent off, coming across a trigger-happy ref. Tote and Matt were steady as usual and we are lucky to have such a good second-string keeper as Craig. Wimbledon huffed and puffed without ever really looking like scoring. Unless Ben or James or Joe can play on Friday goodness knows what sort of team we will able to put out at Rochdale but I would like to see Nathan getting a start as Shaun and Alex looked a bit off their game today. Eight games to go and top of the League (at least until Thursday) with a Wembley final in two weeks - what a magnificent team this is! We have the self-proclaimed 'giants ' of this league quaking in their boots at the thought that we are not going to fall tamely away as they expected.
    Come on Salop - history beckons!

Matster likes this.
  2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A very slow start to the match, however things picked up at around twenty mins in. We had some good shots that included a headed by Payne that could have been a great goal with a tad more power. Thankfully we got the winner moments later with Payne powering through a ball into the back of the net.

The ref was a little too generous with the yellow cards and unfortunately Morris came a cropper with a second yellow. A headache now arrives for who to play on Friday. I think I would go with Nolan and Thomas in midfield with either Beckles or Hendrie behind them. Lowe in at lb.