1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will we get relegated next season?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jun 28, 2020.

?

Will we get relegated next season?

1. Yes

26.9%
  2. No

73.1%
  1. Dr Nickilas Van Helsing

Dr Nickilas Van Helsing Well-Known Member

you make your own luck my arse

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

You most certainly do in life :emoticon-0148-yes: People who whinge about luck are usually either lazy or negative. I find the harder I work and the more positive I am, the luckier I get. Fortunately Steve is a go getter and has been positive and hard working.

3. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Rafa's gone mate, move on.

The reality is it won't be all Brucie's fault if we're relegated next season, other than the fact he's a ****e manager. If the takeover doesn't come off we'll have a shocking summer for transfers but will still sell at our usual pace.

It doesn't change the fact David ****ing Hockaday would have kept us up this season, playing similar football, as said on here for quite some time.

Whilst on the subject of moving goalposts, rememeber when you tried arguing with me that Bruce set us up more attacking than Rafa? That was after we beat Spurs 1-0<laugh>

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  4. Warmir Pouchov

Sorry I think I've missed the bit where you've admitted Bruce has made you eat humble pie because you were clearly wrong? Rafa's gone move on <laugh><laugh><laugh> Its almost like you don't want to discuss how you were wrong? Nah I think we will stay on the subject until people man up.

Are you just trying to make me look good here bringing up **** I was right about? I can remember that yes, and he has done all season (as borne out by him having treble the points or more against the big six already). However he didn't on Sunday, and I was very critical of him. Its called objectivity mate, give it a whirl <ok> I think part of the problem is you see setting up as more attacking than Rafa, meaning he is an attacking manager. I think I quite clearly stated at the time that he wasn't an attacking manager. He is just not ultra negative like Rafa. The other part of the problem is you can't see that Rafa wasn't god afterall, just did a good solid job. No shame in that either, and no shame in Bruce matching up nicely.

I do love that Bruce has left you all squirming with no where to go though. The excuses are legendary. I think I said this would happen too.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  5. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Nobody can mate. We're all locked out till they get a vaccine.

6. Warmir Pouchov

I wouldn't touch their dodgy vaccines with a barge pole. Even less so one where they've changed the laws to rush it through quicker, overriding established protocols for safety.

I mean they'll probably just go all big brother and make it mandatory by some method such as stopping travel or access to certain places if you haven't had one. So not them imposing it on you, but essentially they are really by restricting your freedoms. Imagine if they make it mandatory attending matches to have had a jab and the takeover has happened. I'll have stuck at it for 35 years, seen utter garbage along the way, been treated to Ashley's reign of terror, and then finally when the good times roll, I'll be barred <laugh><laugh><laugh>

7. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Don't panic. I was talking about a vaccine for Covid, not a vaccine against ****ishness. You'll be safe :)

8. Warmir Pouchov

please log in to view this image

9. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Agree.

Bruce has done a very good job, we aren't borderline or lucky this season - we are not even embroiled in the relegation dog-fight with plenty of time spare. We could get relegated next season of course but at the start of the season the bookmakers will have us at somewhere from 10-14th and that's a fair call.

There's 3 more teams near the bottom who will not go down this season who we are better than (whoever finishes 15-17th) and likely a couple of the teams coming up will struggle. 15/16th is pessimistic. 11-14th realistic.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  10. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

We've been exceptionally lucky.

However since coming back we've looked a lot better and ASM is on a different planet to what we're used to

11. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

Yes, and we will sell all of our best players.

12. Warmir Pouchov

<laugh> Have some straws mate

13. boxheed

boxheed Well-Known Member

14. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

I'm not clutching.

I understand you didn't rate rafa but come on
    We've been utter ****. Lucky wins got us to lock down. Since coming back the tactics have worked if you ignore man City

15. Warmir Pouchov

Nah no luck involved. Table never lies, we’ve been as good as we’ve been. I’d venture we’ve been a better watch this season too. I mean some people like the art of defending and ive got no problem with that. Part of the game. I just think it went too far under Rafa. And I’m not saying we’ve been excellent this season. Both similar and both good jobs under difficult circumstances.

Flash likes this.
  16. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

I agree to a point. But we were lucky in so many games. Just as we were lucky under Rafa against Man City.

Bruce has really surpassed everyone's expectations of him in the sand way Pardew did.

However I just do not like the man.

My current debate with myself is choosing one of Bruce or Shelvey having to stay until the end of their contact.

17. Rafman

Rafman Well-Known Member

It's funny how the other day people were saying it was our worst performance in years and we were ridiculously bad, now we get a win over a team that is full of league 1 and championship players with a manager that gave up a season ago and suddenly Bruce is Klopp. Good grief.

18. Warmir Pouchov

I haven't seen anyone say that to be honest :huh:

What I have seen is Bruce be given credit where its due for an excellent performance. Set us exactly how it should be, and gained another good win. I did see him get criticised widely for a very poor performance in the Man C game. Again fully justified due an overly negative set up.

Looks to me like a lot of people just calling it as it is.