1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will it rain with goals on the Forest or Green?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Southcoastoldgaffer, Aug 5, 2022.

1. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Good to get first win and 4 points out of 2 games is the form we need to be showing throughout the season.

Walton, Morsey and Burns (although not so far this season) are too good for this division IMO. From the limited amounts I've seen Walton he's dare I say it potentially the best goalkeeper I've seen at Town, not only is he a great shot stopper but he absolutely dominates his box and takes so much pressure off his defence.

I can only comment on what I've heard and highlights but looks like we missed Wolfendens reading of the game at the weekend, looks like we got cut open a few times which was very rare the second half of last season.

I'm still to be convinced by our front 3 or more so are we deploying the best tactics/formation to get the best out of them. I think we need more of a playmaker in the 10 position or we need wide forwards who get beyond the main striker. I like Chaplin but like many players I think he'd be best suited playing as a striker in a 2 and haven't got the judge of Harness yet.

The biggest thing I struggle with is the main striker, we've had some decent players play for us in this division over the past season but as a team we don't seem to get the best out of them. It seems like McKenna just wants his main striker to occupy defenders and create space for other attacking players. If that's the case whoever that player is has got a hard job and will never really shine in this team.

Redruth likes this.
  2. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Lots of valid points, ptc, you kow my preference for 2 out & out strikers.

But a much better start to last season. Bottom 2 clubs up next, cue a defeat!

3. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

Good call Bigal but just adding Chaplin's name as you must have missed him off by mistake!

4. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

KNOB!!<laugh><laugh><laugh>

Redruth likes this.