1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will City go for Jose?

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Father_Jack_Hackett, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

2. Haydn

Haydn Member

No need to get rid of Mancini whether we win the title or not. Top manager, knows what he's doing.

3. Jose has recently bought a house in London. If he's going anywhere, it'll be to the mighty Spurs, I reckon. Certainly, Levy has made it clear that he will go all-out to get his man, should Harry take the England job.

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Would Jose want a club that refuses to play Champions League football and gets 29000 gates for the FA Cup sixth round?

5. Style

Style 'where is the love'

I suppose you can dream!

6. RobofLeeds

RobofLeeds New Member

RM's quote of today does deem a little Keeganesque.

"We will win the title, we will win. We will do everything to win the title. We need to think positive, always.

"Until now we have had a fantastic Premier League, we need to continue like this.

"It is better to stay on the top - always - but I said a month ago it could be that we will go into the second position. This can happen.

"We had difficult fixtures, different from United, but it has not changed. We have everything in our hands.

"There is one game difference - potentially we are one point behind.

"Maybe if we win the next two games we go two points up. We need to go our way, we can't think about United."

( No where near as daft as Rafa though )

And the enforced climbdown on Tevez does little to display support from his Bosses.

Looks like City are creating their own pressure, SAF not needing to employ the mythical 'mindgames' at Squeeky Bum Time.

7. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

i cant read it!

(I have edited the post you refer to above to make it easier to read i have also removed the personal attack from this post - FJH)

8. The Ginger Marks

There's nothing mighty about Spurs and hasn't been since 1961. Mourinho would not consider a small club like Spurs with little ambition and not enough money for him to operate. As far as I understand Mourinho doesn't do 'pro bono' and his services are currently £12.6 million a year. Enough to make Spiv Levy have a heart attack.

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

£12.6 million?!? You could buy Mourinho lite for that much. Hang on a minute...you already did <ok>

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

You can't buy Channel 5 football though; that's priceless

11. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

Marcelo Biesla might be a decent option, the press would love his 5 hour q&a sessions.

12. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good comeback. Not at all predictable or formulaic <ok>

13. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Yeah, almost as original as a Man United shirt outside of Manchester <whistle>

14. tevezrightboot

City don't need a manager like Jose, got himself sent to the stands yet again. This just is not the sort of guy we need to bring in as a manager should RM get the sack. Should this happen then there is only 1 man to go for, and go out and break the bank to bring in as manager of Man City and that is Pep from Barca as his contract is up come the end of the season.

15. Father_Jack_Hackett

I honestly cannot see RM getting the sack even if we don't win the title.

16. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Possibly not, but I was thinking last night - if you don't win the league this season how are you going to move forwards next year? It's pretty well accepted that City's team is superior to Utd's, and that we've had a well below par season.

What with FFP potentially reducing how much you can spend in the summer, what could your owners look to change next year apart from the manager? Heck, more transfer spending might not help - you've had the tightest defence this year and also some of the best attacking players!

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Mancini is poor in Europe like SAF.

So that's why the owners may go for JM

18. Father_Jack_Hackett

Easy our best striker will not be in his own country playing golf he will be banging goals in week in week out, if Tevez had been playing instead of golfing i am sure we would have won the games that on paper we expected to win and the managers future would be secure.

19. Style

Style 'where is the love'

Your expecting Tevez to be there again next season. Personally thought maybe city had told him he could leave in the summer if he gives it his all for the rest of the season. Just a theory tho.

20. Father_Jack_Hackett

I do not expect him to stay unless the price is set so high no one will take him, if this happens i could see him spitting his dummy out again and going golfing for the rest of his contract, just a theory though. ;)