1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wigan vs West Ham

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by trixter_whufc, Oct 25, 2012.

1. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Good afternoon.

Your forum seems about as busy as ours on here but hoping one or 2 might respond.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this weekends game?

I personally think both teams see it as winnable but I am predicting a score draw.

A lot has changed since last time we visited when we were in a sorry state.

In fact, of our starting 11 that sad day you sent us down, I expect only one player to start the match on Saturday.

Diame will be looking to impress and I have to say he has been a revelation for us this season, although I understand he didn't feature much for you boys towards the end of last season?

Anyway. Looking forward to what should be a good game.

Prediction: 1-1.

COYI

2. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Well lets start with the prediction Lawro as gone for a 1-0 win for the latics and as spotted kone as the one to get that 1-0 win and know doubt with Di santo and maloney as well it could go maybe 2 or 3 nil but latics have a bunch of games to go at it could be a drain on the team and Westham and Latics have always i think bean good games to watch so ye it should be a good game

3. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Not sure I would read to much into that bell ends prediction mate. He has an almost spooky knack of getting results wrong!

2 or 3 eh?

Surprised your so confident to be honest.

We will see.

4. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Mark friggin Lawrenson, cant stand the bloke and always has us down to lose <doh>, seeing as we still haven't won at home its a must win for Wigan, it's also annoying to see us down near the bottom as we have potential to be top half/mid table, we have decent enough squad for them positions anyway. and our performances also match this

5. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Don't Wigan play a 3-4-3?
    If so I would expect both sides to score, Wigan to crowd the WHam box and WHam to exploit the weakness down the flanks a 3-4-3 leaves.
    Also the fact that scouse prick has predicted against us adds confidence.

6. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Ye your right trixter maybe 2 or 3 is abit adventures so i`ll drop down for 2-2 which is probably the real outcome considering our state of direction of late
    as of the bell end as you call him (true) i just post what he say`s i don`t belive it :emoticon-0112-wonde

7. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

I think whats hard for us to take is seeing the hammers sitting comfortably up the table while we're back in the relegation dogfight once again. I really don't believe that there's that much between the teams - but there's no doubt, Big Sam can definitely make teams harder to beat - and that's a big plus.

We haven't had a home win yet this season but in Stoke and Everton we could easily have got one. We outplayed both and then once in front we let them back in. It all adds to that "unpredictable" tab. I think if we get two in front of someone we could dish out a spanking (I'm talking generally, not today in particular) but until we're able to keep that momentum going it's going to be draws - and that's what I'm predicting today.

Someone has pointed out that Baines and Rodallega have both come back to the DW and scored this season - so we can expect the same from Diame!

8. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

trixter were are you lets have chat about were it when wrong :emoticon-0117-talki

9. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Top result guys, that makes me pretty happy. :biggrin: Thats twice this season you beat them, must be one of your favourite team to play against now?

10. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Hullo Delia - sorry, forgot to drop you aine saying well done on the Arsenal win last weekend - I suspect that's four points from two games where you might have expected none - good to see you climbing up the table.

Yeah, we'd love to play them more often. How on earth they're on fourteen points is beyond me. The attitude seems to be that they had a major off day. My God, that's the worst performance I've seen from a team this season - and I include our mess against Fulham. Quite an off day. The scoreline didn't reflect the gulf between the teams. Funny thing is we actually played in fits and starts in the final third. McCarthy and McArthur were immense and that's where a lot of our best football was played. But I think we're slowly gelling again. It's that elusive "confidence" thing isn't it?

Southampton, Reading QPR and Villa looking shoddy - thing is it'll all change by next April. I won't be surprised to see anyone from Swansea, Norwich, Wigan, WBA, Stoke, Fulham - even West Ham - getting pulled back into it.

Fourteen points but. How the hell?

:)

11. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Big Sam's kick and rush game has been found out pretty quickly.
    They were rubbish when they came to our place, and should never have left with a point, but we are struggling a bit, new manager, new players new formations, but hopefully we are beginning to turn the corner now.
    I watched the game on MotD, you looked well in control, and a couple of great goals. <ok>