1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wigan v Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Well can you believe as unlikely as it is we go in to the final game with a chance of going up.

obviously there are all kinds of rumours doing the rounds on the inter web from QPR won’t beat WBA as they are rivals of both Fulham and Brentford to QPR who are short of money will receive £125,000 from West Brom on promotion from the Darnell Furlong transfer!

All we can do is win our game and see, Barnsley beating Forest today means they go into there game with Brentford still able to stay up with a win.

For weeks now I ve been resigned to Fulham playing Forest in the play offs which I was happy with but if they lose they prob won’t make the play offs at all!!

Anyway our game, first of all I’m glad Wigan have to win it to stay up ( due to there -12 points) this because we do sometimes struggle when teams sit behind the ball.... given we have a chance surely we play full strength which for me on form is....

Rodak
    Christie Hector Ream Bryan
    Arter Onamah Reid
    Knockeart Mitro Kebano

Obviously Cairney is fit again and could play... Cavaleiro I’m not sure if fit and I personally would consider Stef Jo

Harrison Read is suspended

2whitestripes likes this.
  2. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

We need to win it to be in it, so it needs our best performance.
    We will miss Reed, I did wonder if he was aware of the first booking, JG seemed confused of who go booked when Reed must have been. Anyone know more on this?
    Good point that Wigan will also be playing for the win Cookie, it should be an open game until the first goal at least.
    Only seeing the WBA match to be televised so far, very disappointing if this means we can't watch unless tuning into FFCTV. I'll update on this if I see an update.
    Here's hoping.............

3. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

It's the Hope That Kills :biggrin:
    We definitely need Lady Luck on our side for the cards to fall right.
    We some how have to knock Wigan's confidence quickly with some early goals, but even then we have a history of letting things slip.
    I'm expecting to play off against Nottingham Forest in the semi's.

4. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Yes expecting a play off with Forest but pleased we have the unexpected bonus of a chance in the last set of games. I think complacency set in against Wednesday, we were so on top and then a mad second half, still we are scoring freely which has been a rarity recently.

The Wigan game is far from easy. I admire their fight and I do hope they stay up. What has happened to them if terrible and should not be allowed to happen, but it does time and again to Clubs. We've just got to hold our nerve, ideally score first and hope Cauley and our good friends QPR (always liked them, cough) can help us create a miracle. It's not going to happen but my, if it did ...

5. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Wigan gave us a good game, we came close and it would have been nice to come above Brentford. Good to see Kamara back, he could be the difference in these play offs.

It was always going to be an unlikely scenario so not so disappointed. Wigan played out of their skins and you could see why they had done so well in recent games. I think we carry on as we have done and we'll do ok. We've got experience at this and that's a good plus. Roll on Monday.

6. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Exactly that.