1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wigan does a sunderland

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by billofengland, May 12, 2013.

1. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

All the very best folks on your fabulous achievement, Its 40 years ago when the underdog SUNDERLAND, Second division, beat the mighty Leeds, first division. We were supposed to lose, According to all the superpundits, including Jack Charleton. as were you on Saterday 12/05/2013 [ remember that date forever,,,,,,,,, as if you wouldnt ] Well, shows you what pundits know. basically, **** all,,,,,,, the heart is on the pitch, not in the studio.

I hope you keep your manager, I realy rate him as a pro, and a gentleman. as for D W . HERO he kept the faith. and brought something home for you.

When Sunderland won the cup in 73, there were more than 30 million pounds injected into our local economy, from places who had never heard of us, well that was forty years ago, so I wish you the same windfall in your area, although it should be a damn sight larger.

Once again, congratulations folks, you deserve it. Hoping we both stay up.

2. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Cheers Bill! We're in good company with the clubs who've upset the odds to win the Cup. This is a competition where like you say, the heart is on the pitch, with the spirit of the game. I'm very, very proud of our club today, and no-one can ever take this away from us. I hope I'm like you, still thinking happily about our Cup win in 40 years time.

All the best bud.

3. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

I told you HP about that tash face lawro he talkes out of his back side all we need know is Rodney Marshe,s email adress do you know it by any chance anyway what a fantastic day out for the 30 thousand latics fans and we filled the crystal aswell.

4. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

I know his twitter address. He said yesterday "well done on winning the cup - but you're still going down".

So no sour grapes there then. Of course, Rodney can speak from a position of some superiority having won.... no, hang on...

:)

5. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Ye but the thing is HP is that he still as to go to the centre of wigan and put his head in those wood'n stocks then we can pelt him with rotten toms and stuff because of what he said adout latics going down in our first time in the prem.