1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Why you MUST vote Tory!

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by canary-dave, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

Although a little reluctant to criticise the BBC because the Tories (No doubt bankrolled by The Dirty Digger) are gunning for them. The BBC produces a lot of excellent stuff but I feel that they have been orchestrating this Bread and Circuses charge of Dancing, Baking, Sewing and now feckin Pottery mania. And every time a James Bond film or a new Adele album is released it's wall to wall hype. I find myself longing for the days when presenters were not even allowed to mention commercial products. It is all serving to lower standards and give us yet more Americanisation of the media.

2. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Probably not, but I think that was in part born from the malaise of there appearing to be so little difference between new labour and the Tories. Of course now the Tories have been let off the leash with no Lib dems to temper their urges they really are showing how morally bankrupt they are. All we can hope for is that after a full term no one will be able to be hoodwinked into giving them sole power again. I will say one thing however for balance. The Labour party had also vowed to continue the austerity, how much they would be chopping we can only guess, as far and deep would seem doubtful, but I think the public sector was very poorly run with levels of indulgence and incompetence that simply could not survive in the private sector. Stamping out some of that is a good thing, loss of frontline services most definitely is not.

Unfortunitely I as a voter if tasked to vote tomorrow would be in a pretty similar position to the last election just for slightly differnt reasons. The Tories have behaved and run the country pretty much to script (Still won't vote for them). The Lib Dems still appear out in the wilderness and rudderless (I would consider it, but where have they gone, who are they now?). Now Labour may have changed direction with Corbyn, but I would still need some serious persuading that he wouldn't shaft the country with some somewhat crazy policies. I like the fact he appears to have principles but I worry that he may be as bad as other politicians in so much as he is not listening. What ever your stance on imigration and european membership as a politician to just say everyones welcome no limits is to completely ignore a growing social issue. The numbers voting for UKIP say as much. So why not support the referendum? By all means then campaign to stay in, but at least listen to the people. Just telling us that we must stay in europe and immigration en mass is fine is fine for you but what about the electorate, people living now as a minority in their home town. To ignore it is to once again in my mind, be the sentiment of just another politician in an ivory tower unaware of what policy is doing to the country or what the country might want. Will he be strong enough to actually hold europe to account, and to change things or just say yes, yes, yes because he likes and believes in all the closer union.

All that said as much as I hate much of the goings on in the european union and the sheer unaccountability, I would wish to stay in europe, we need to actually effect change from within. (Could I vote for Labour now? I'm not sure, it's more tempting than before with miliband)

Bah!

3. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

Great comments chaps, and thankfully I was the only one "letting loose" a bit with my language, though hopefully I haven't offended anybody!

4. Cruyff's Turn

How ironic General that you are more likely to vote labour. Under the current leadership there is absolutely no way I would vote for them. This current row with the policy advisor is indicitive of the way the left work. They will be anxious to de-select all but hard left candidates before 2020. The consequence of this will be a concentrated media attack that pushes Labour to their worst result ever. If I were in Oldham West I would be preparing to hold my nose and vote UKIP in three weeks time. Corbyn might survive a loss but he would be mortally wounded. Make no mistake this isn't Labour it is a hard left party in the style of those in control of Eastern Europe during the Cold War.

5. Cruyff's Turn

How ironic General that you are more likely to vote labour. Under the current leadership there is absolutely no way I would vote for them. This current row with the policy advisor is indicitive of the way the left works. They will be anxious to de-select all but hard left candidates before 2020. The consequence of this will be a concentrated media attack that pushes Labour to their worst result ever. If I were in Oldham West I would be preparing to hold my nose and vote UKIP in three weeks time. Corbyn might survive a loss but he would be mortally wounded. Make no mistake this isn't Labour it is a hard left party in the style of those in control of Eastern Europe during the Cold War.

6. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

"A protest vote for UKIP is like ****ting your hotel bed as a protest against bad service, then realising you now have to sleep in a ****ted bed"

7. Cruyff's Turn

Apart from the fact that an isolated UKIP by election win won't do them any good in the scheme of things. The main thing is to get rid of these deluded half wits who think they are the new Bolsheviks. I was a fellow traveller back in the 70's and this just reminds me of the Tooting Popular Front. I see Corbyn has now criticised the drone strike on the murderous ISIS bar steward. Is he trying to lose support?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  8. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

What he said was that he would have rather seen him "held to account in a court of law" for his "callous and brutal crimes". He was hardly defending the bar steward like the anti-Corbyn brigade are going to spin his words to mean (cough, cough).

9. Cruyff's Turn

I'm not so much on about the things he says and does but his complete unawareness of their consequences when they get into the hands of the right wing media. I can't work out if he is stupid or just doesn't care. Anyway we don't have long to wait for the first real test of Corbyn's performance .The Oldham West by election is on December 3 with Labour defending a majority of 14,700.

10. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Indeed, he was given a rather easy martyrs death. I'd have been rather more pleased if he'd had a nice stay at hotel guantanamo before checking out!
    The biggest problem I'd have with him being tried in the UK is the vast expense of yhe trial and the subsequent max security care bill. Unfortunately these don't come cheap and ultimately whilst his torture at the hands of the Americans sounds for once fairly well justified. Perhaps the cleanest most final end is the best.

Bah!

11. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

Personally I'd have rather he choked to death on his own cock and balls but hey ho at least he won't be murdering any poor sods in cold blood again. Total apology of a man and an utter coward killing the defenceless in the name of the all seeing sky pixies.

12. THURNBY YELLOW

THURNBY YELLOW Well-Known Member

By elections used to mean something, I actually wonder now if you can read anything properly into them. They have become more than ever an opportuntiy to come up with the most stupid result bcuase there is in many ways nothing at stake. We will still have the Government (particularly as it is a Labour seat) and Corbyn will still be the leader, the SNP will not win here <laugh> and the LibDems will struggle to save their deposit. The only possible effect is the Muppets (in the guise of UKIP) taking the seat or coming pretty close to it but that does not mean that Labour would not win it back at the General because they would.