1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WHY WHY WHY

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by allbluelenny, Jan 6, 2023.

1. allbluelenny

allbluelenny Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain WHY??? PS after so many years of openly wanting to get rid of our beloved team. Has kept a stake????
    The new guy clearly has the funds to purchase outright, WHY does Scally want to stay????

brb likes this.
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Lenny - you have to understand that - Scally is a businessman - one that doesn't want to spend his own money if he can avoid it.... such as nothing for 27 years - after his measly £1...

In all of those 27 years, Mr. Scally (( and various members of family )), have milked the cash cow for £Millions - and paid little (no) tax.... and, purely from a mercenary viewpoint, he is to be congratulated !!

Now - please ignore any negative customer relations disasters! -- his skin is too thick to really be bothered by the self-induced crap that he's received from many fans..... Our agenda is with The Club - his agenda is with his pocket...... and even with all the excrement he receives, Mr. Scally recognises that isn't just semi-skimmed milk in the cash cow - but gold top cream !

Mr. Scally hates having to tread in the **** around the milking parlour - but knows we have a new dairy farmer who can afford to provide greener grass for the cow - at no expense to Scally - AND - by retaining a stake in Priestfield Farm, he is in a win-win-win situation.....If the Club succeeds ( and the cow gives new birth to calves to improve the herd and its' future ), Scally's share increases in value.... And if the new farmer wants to relocate his pasture - possibly with building new 'stables' on Priestfield, Scally can 'control' the price he gets for selling his share - thus turning the cash cow into a fantastic golden goose...

If - as you hint, Scally 'hates' Gillingham - his love of the money that he can squeeze from GFC is his driving force..... I'm sorry if you've trodden through the above manure to get to my one-line answer - but - you know me !!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    brb likes this.
  3. allbluelenny

Thank you for your reply it all makes sense now. Hopefully a result today. We need a lift

brb and alwaysright like this.
  4. alwaysright

Lenny - I will graciously accept your gratitude ..... although I suspect you're being sarcastic! - which is a coincidence , as I have just finished reading an article about teachers being criticised for using sarcasm in class -- and that reminded me of my first school report (( in primary school )) - in which my teacher accused me of '' being too sarcastic for my own good. ''
    I know that it's been said that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit-- BUT -- I'd rather be sarcastic than 'woke' (( it at least means that I have a sense of humour. ))

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
    brb and Resurgam like this.
  5. allbluelenny

I am sorry it felt like I was being sarcastic, but far from it. You answered my question which I did not know the answer to. And now it all makes sense

alwaysright and brb like this.
  6. alwaysright

No need to aplogise -- shame it wasn't sarcasm as I appreciate bit of banter.... and let's face it, most Gills fans seem to have lost their sense of humour - and those of us still laughing, are only doing so through 'gallows' humour!............. anyway - I'm surprised you didn't work out that money was the answer to any question with Scally as part of the equation... Happy New Year to you.

brb likes this.
  7. allbluelenny

Very true. Thought we finally turned up on Saturday. See we have 2 new signings let's see if us long term suffering fans finally start to see a turn around in our fortunes