1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why I love Cardiff

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Victor, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

Taffvalerowdy...... Yes Brian was a great chap. .... When I was selected to be Touch Judge in an Internatioal, Iwas working the whole weekend. I asked Gareth Thomas for time off, He being the Superintendant at that time said I could only have the day off. Thought he was being a little mean considering he had played scrum half for Neath,.... ..... luckily for me Big Brian overruled him,and gave me the whole weekend off with full Pay.

By the way did you notice that they spelt Velindre wrong, ..... no "v" in the Welsh alphabet . Should be spelt with an "f". Felindre translated means Mill Town.

2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Brian was a very generous man - he looked after his / Neath’s friends!

TheRealBubbles likes this.
  3. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Victor thats because Henry V111 tried to kill off the Welsh language by banning it in public and in and over the centuries t the establishment had tried to have it banished and have insidusly introduced anglicised versions of place names.

Taffvalerowdy and Victor like this.
  4. 8past7

8past7 Well-Known Member

bollocks to the scum

5. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

Way back when, I had a girlfriend who had a friend who's boyfriend was a Cardiff lad. So we went to visit one day and while there the lad's Father arrived.

Now this lad was looking rather nervous and rushed to the door and even before the door was fully opened he said "There's a Jack in the house!". The father came in and was a short, stocky old bloke dressed in a Cardiff top. He looked like he slept in it. He didn't look amused but I was <laugh>