1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why do you think vettel gets booed?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by tribo32, Sep 28, 2013.

?

Why do you think vettel gets booed

1. Multi-2,1 incident

2. His personality

3. His dominance

4. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tomcat606

tomcat606 Member

He was always just loan to BMW from the start.

2. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

3. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

4. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

Why does Vettel get booed?
    – Because some people think it's funny to be unpleasant and crowds are full of cowardly sheep who blindly join in.

Previously it seemed this mentality was restricted to the football terraces. To see/hear it in motor sport is very sad indeed.

5. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

Agree with your thinking here Cosi, Bernies attempt at gaining viewing figures will eventually and ultimately attract those that are not traditional motor sport fans, consequently and sadly we will have to suffer the football mentality, especially if you're German.

How I wish we could apply the mentality of the motor sport fan of the 60s through to the 80s.

6. cosicave

Absolutely with you on this, Ernie…

7. 51LV3R8RR04

51LV3R8RR04 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if security starts getting stepped up a few notches just to control the crowd a bit better. All it takes is one guy to take the booing personally and then we will get a riot.

F1 security is scary at venues apart from Silverstone, Spa in particular.

8. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

It's not ideal, and it might not be the F1 way... but let's not blow this out of proportion. This isn't about to turn in to a riot.

This is something that has been around in F1 at a certain level for a while, and will likely continue until Vettel begins to struggle.. at which point he will become the plucky hero. It's a cliche, but sport-fans are fickle and opinions will shift again.

9. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. Vettel is both very popular and unpopular but I think this is more about his dominance than anything really personal. Punters at races may also feel that they've paid for the right to boo: I do not mean to justify it but, for many people, it's a lot of money to spend to watch a foregone conclusion.

10. 51LV3R8RR04

Of course but the potential is scary. I'm always cautious not paranoid.................................much.

11. SgtBhaji

I assume it's because they paid to essentially see a non-race. But it's not like it's a massive shock to anybody.. so who knows.

12. SgtBhaji

Sadly there's always some lunatic out there with the potential to do something completely bonkers. That's just one of those things in life that nobody can account for. I'd be stunned if it ever made it to F1 though.

13. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

What you are saying is true, the likelihood is low, but then, when I was a lad spectators never ever went onto the track, for me this phenomenon started to become popular during the Mansell years. However it's is only a matter of time before someone get injured.

14. 51LV3R8RR04

Deleted for personal reasons

15. DymchurchRanger

RedBull have dominated the last 4 years due to one single reason, Adrian Newey! Plain & simple. History tells us that what ever team has him at the head of their design team ultimately rises to the top. The man is a genius. It beggars belief why Mclaren let him go in the first place.

People seem to have a problem accepting that when you get a good driver + good car + good back up team = championships. Simples. Before anyone accuses me of being a Vettel fanboy, I'm a Mark Webber & Kimi Raikkonen fan.

On a different topic, Hamiltons quote after the Korean grand prix annoyed me a little, "I'm too good to be fighting for 5th place". How crass is that? Obviously a case of delusions of grandeur!!!! That said, I'm not a Hamilton fan!

16. 51LV3R8RR04

Williams and McLaren were already successful before Newey came along. He was also fired at March/Leyton so he isn't that good ;)

(Williams: 3 WDC's 4 WCC's) -BN *Patrick Head was in charge of the car when Newey was around in Williams.
    (McLaren: 9 WDC's 7 WCC's) -BN *Ron Dennis was a control freak anyway.

17. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Didn't he leave McLaren because they wouldn't let him build a boat or something?

18. SgtBhaji

Give him to Ferrari then. :p

Both Williams and McLaren were in barren patches when he came in. The guy's a genius, end of.

And yes, there was something about Newey wanting time to design power-boats. I can't recall the exact tale.

19. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

actual quote ""It's strange, me and Fernando in fifth and sixth having our own little battle. We are of a higher calibre," he said.

"I like battling with Fernando. He's the strongest driver here and really we should be battling at the front with the world champions, with Sebastian"

20. cosicave

Whilst I largely agree with your stand-point on Newey, I think your Hamilton quotation may be inaccurate, or at best, a simplified mis-translation.