1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who would you get rid of?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

For me, there are several i would sell now or in the summer...
    KVY
    Penney
    Harper
    Ball
    El Miz
    Jackson
    Edwards
    Pig
    Aluko (tough one)

Ahadme and Camara i would wait and see for another season as just not seen enough of them!

fieldmarshall and Nuggets like this.
  2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I'd get rid of all but three on your list.

I think KVY has been good this season and is worthy of a place in our squad. Clarke's performance has certainly put that in jeopardy but I'd have to see more of that before I'd be comfortable letting Kane go.

Edwards has something none of our other players have, dribbling skill. He's still young and got plenty of his game to work on but other than Aluko there's nobody else in our team that causes the mayhem that he does when driving forward with the ball.

Aluko is also fun to watch and I'd keep him too. Many complain that he doesn't get assists or goals but he is very often the player that finds the pass or movement that leads to the assist for a goal. He tends to play the pass that is the assist for the assist and I think that's equally important.

3. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Agreed with San Diego - I'd keep definitely KVY, Edwards, and Aluko. Even if we're not going to play the likes of Edwards, you'd think he'd fetch a decent transfer fee. I'd also probably retain Ball for another season. I'd add Ahadme to the list, we've got three/four better centre forwards than him in the building. Get him off the books and try to recoup as much money as possible.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  4. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Can't argue with what's been already said.I am confident that any spaces we make in the squad will be filled with better players.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  5. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

The great thing is apart from Jackson and Penney i think all of those who you list are actually decent players for this level and might be out of favour currently but could still have a big part to play for this club. Agree that the squad needs to be reduced at some point though.

Some of those players will also definitely feel they should've played more this season Ahadme, KVY, Edwards and Aluko come to mind

6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Edwards would be in my XI or close to it. But there’s no point him rotting in the reserves if McKenna won’t use him.

itfcptc likes this.
  7. Spanish

In place of whom? Nowhere near consistent enough imo.
    The players i have listed are players that i don't think will take us forward and i think we can get in better, affordable players to replace them.

8. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

He’d always be my first choice on the left wing out of our squad. We still don’t have balance with a winger on the right and a full back on the left. There are lots of ways of sorting that out, but even if it’s Edwards coming off the bench it’s absolute madness that Jackson is preferred. I take your point about getting stronger players in and it’s hard to see how he’ll be involved with the new signings; but all the games we've drawn recently I’ve felt Edwards would’ve been the difference.

itfcptc and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  9. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

I agree with most and keep Aluko, KVY & Edwards. Most clubs would be jealous of our remarkable strength in depth.
    Several have deserved more game time imo, and have been game changers. Aluko has great vision and nails & threads amazing passes. I like his character too.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
  10. itfcptc

Agree at the moment I'd take Edwards on the pitch over Jackson and Harness, he carries the ball better than either and doesn't lose it as much. Also agree we look alot more balanced on the left when he's there, looks more like a 4231

11. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

We all like to see an involved Edwards but how many times does this happen? Hes got skills theres no doubt about that but he makes very little attempt to really get involved around the pitch and make things happen, Mick Mills said on Radio Suffolk that he couldnt understand at first why Edwards had so many clubs, but as he saw more of him he started to see why, attitude maybe,no commitment, possibly, whatever the problem is its a waste of a talent and a waste of our money.

12. itfcptc

Before Ipswich he's only been at West Brom and went on loan once, not sure that constitutes so many clubs?

13. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Tricky as he is with the ball at his feet I always fail to see any end product from Edwards.Also he's a bit lightweight and apart from his mazey runs he doesn't contribute much else in other areas if the pitch.I can understand KMc's reticence in giving him too many minutes.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  14. Spanish

That's exactly my point Bigal, for all his skill, he never, apart from 1 game, contributes a goal or assist and that is what he is there to do!! I see absolutely no way he gets in now we have Broadhead. I'm not a fan of Harness as you will know but at least he does score goals, Edwards gives you nothing apart from a few tricks.

As for the others, Aluko....yes he is a very good player and i do actually like him but in a crowded squad he too doesn't often have much of an end product and for me is well down the pecking order.

KVY, decent enough player but do we need him we have JD and Clark who are both better imo. Well JD on a par i guess but is probably the better defender of the two, whereas KVY is better attacking and don't take half hour on throwins!!!

I'm not saying these players are all ****, just not what we want to take us forward and personally i feel the squad is a tad over inflated and needs trimming down a bit. These players are, imo, not good enough if we do get promoted and i think we are preparing a side that can get promoted and then more than compete once we are up.

15. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

For the criticism, we can’t expect to see the best of a player if he only gets the odd half an hour here and there. His end product is a bit less refined than Burns but that comes with coaching and minutes on the pitch.

16. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Just telling you what he said.

17. Spanish

He's not 12 years old Yorkie, by now he should be showing in training that he has the quality end product, obviously this ain't happening and i definitely haven't seen much evidence when he has come on, at his age, he should be producing now!!