1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who would be a Referee ?

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Match Officials have to adopt a new approach for time keeping for the 2023/24 season.

The Refs job will become more complicated.....the end result is to have the ball in play for longer during a match.....and that basically sounds a good idea.

It must mean that the clock will stop for umpteen reasons or maybe the fourth official will start and stop a stop watch every time there is stop in play.

It will probably mean that there will be ten or even fifteen minutes of added time at half-time and full-time.

Going for your half-time drink or loo break will become more complicated and people standing and blocking others view of the game will surely happen more.

I dread to think about the end of game early leavers situation when there could be ten minutes or longer added on and people milling around the exits annoying those that are trying to watch the game from their seats near these exits.

Some one on pasoti has already said....thank god we won't be playing Wycombe Wanderers this season.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

we will have to allow an hour each half now .. it will be better to keep the ball in play longer but it wont stop the likes of wycombe... they know no other way..

Roll on next saturday its been to long without football ... is the prediction league happening this season, its a lot for anyone to do now after not distants special season.. i will come back but it could be a pantomine..

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

It was odd watching the friendly game with FGR last week. Free kicks and throw-ins were taken without argument or delay and it seemed like two whole matches ....

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

yep well it wont be like once the kick off next week be back to the time wasting and arguing..

is the game on tv today

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I hope not otherwise I’ve missed it! They usually send me a reminder if a match is on and they haven’t and it’s not listed on the club website. It’s at Swindon so Argyle presumably don’t have access.

I wouldn’t have been able to hear it for the noise of the police helicopter flying up and down Lipson Vale. What have you been doing Sensible?

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watching the helicopter fly over my house many times. I forgot there was even a match on. Just as an aside, the prediction league will be a nightmare for anyone this season. The way the matches are spread out in the Championship means that every week there will not be a full programme at 3pm on a Saturday. Keeping up with it will be fun.