1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Who Will Be the Last Tory Standing - Prime Minister Election.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I knew I shouldn't have replied to you earlier - you just get entrenched in your own opinion and block out other's.

I clearly made the point that any person (in general I'm talking about) calling the police to a possible violent neighbour dispute could be regarded as a "spontaneous" action out of concern and need not necessarily be politically motivated.

What I went on to say was that in this particular case, their subsequent actions in recording the dispute, taking photographs and informing a national newspaper of it was a calculated action - geddit?

(stands by for another opinionated blast <doh>)

RedorDead likes this.
  2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Don’t think Corbyn wants a second referendum as he voted to leave. As much as I think he’s a clown he’s trying to appease his party on something he don’t actually want.

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  4. RedorDead

Have you ever been asked to take part in a poll?
    I’ve never so I never know how to take these things.

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

There’s a rare bit of positive polling news for the Tories this morning as YouGov find them joint top for the first time since before the EU elections. Then, they were tied with Labour on 24%, today they’re tied with the Brexit Party on 22%, leapfrogging Labour and the Lib Dems who fall to fourth. Hardly time for the Tories to start popping the champagne corks, as recently as February they were polling almost double on 43%, before May delayed Brexit…
    https://order-order.com/2019/06/26/...rliamentary plots, rumours and conspiracy)the

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Although I like seeing info from polls, they do piss me off for the same point you make.

In this poll they could have asked only 100 people and 43 were remainers and 57 leavers. Guess what the poll would end up looking like!

Its like the question, whats the percentage of men in the UK who have a penis bigger than 7 inches? I wasn't asked for my measurements. Therefore the percentage would be wrong. Obviously the percentage would be higher, if I had been asked! ;)

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

You'll probably get some statistics on that in a minute from JG2.

RedorDead likes this.
  8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

My thoughts are if Hunt wins, Brexit will not happen. There will be another year wasted then article 50 will be revoked as Hunt really don't want Brexit to happen. He will pretend he wants to leave to make it look like he is trying but he will do a worse job than May did and then say leaving is not worth it and will revoke it.

My thoughts are if Boris wins, Brexit will not happen. He will try and try and try but parliament will block everything because parliament are traitors to the result of the referendum. Brexit will still be the main topic all the way to when the next general election is due (not an early election).

It just won't happen. And I predict there will be riots about it.

And I be surprised if Farage gets into bed with the Tories as I know Farage is pissed off with the Tories about the bollocks negotiations over the last 3 years. He knows the Tories have fukked it up.

9. RedorDead

Mixed in with a trip to King Kong island whilst feeding Godzilla by hand

10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Now that I can believe compared to some of the other stuff. <ok>

RedorDead likes this.

11. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

he still see's his job as PM whatever it takes ….

Farage has already made statement to say BP will not stand in seats held by tory party members who backed TM BREXIT PROPOSAL
    At the mo a GE would likely deliver an even more fragmented Parliament ……

12. johngalleyfan2

if you would be able to take a minute and read what is said there is no disagreement with the spontaneity of an event be it this one or any other … from 100's of thousands of "domestic arguments" maybe even a million … one or 2 actually get to the point where "somebody should have done something as one or other got hurt/ abused/ or other" it is only these cases that draw attention to the press .
    and maybe a spontaneous reaction did actually resolve the issue, and we will never know about it, maybe the neighbours do and a few social workers policemen, family …
    or the lack of one didn't and it is either resolved without issue by the encumbents, and no one knows or cares ...or leads to serious consequences when the whole nation knows or at least the area covered by local news outlets ….
    the spontaneity here is not denied, the instant they heard something they were on the phone and recording it … maybe it was their thought "under the circumstances" if the police come and there is no noise and they deny it, because he is Boris THEY MIGHT THINK WE ARE TRYING IT ON and being vindictive as we had previously been seen to be visible Boris haters, so we had better get the evidence … need to have recording device large glass or bowl and make sure we show police presence … yes there was "spontaneity" but an awful lot of premeditation ...

13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

You still don't understand what I've said - or just don't want to admit it.

I didn't say that their particular phone call to the police over this incident was spontaneous at all - read what I said. I just suggested that action taken by someone (in general) concerned for the wellbeing of a neighbour might well be spontaneous under normal circumstances and not inspired by vindictiveness.

The fact that on this occasion they were politically motivated as demonstrated by their recording of the spat and subsequently informing the left wing press would suggest they were just waiting for the chance to do damage to Johnson and took it.

I'm so glad they've been exposed for what they are even though Johnson often appears to be the architect of his own destruction.

14. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

The £350 million wasn’t a Boris lie — here’s why

The source of the £350-million-a-week claim is immediately revealed. It is the penultimate line in the table relating to the UK’s gross contribution. The pertinent numbers for the debate in 2016 were those for 2014 and 2015, which are slightly above £350 million. As far as the gross contribution was concerned, Boris and the Leavers were not being in any way dishonest or misleading.
    https://standpointmag.co.uk/issues/july-august-2019/the-350-million-wasnt-a-lie-heres-why/

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  15. johngalleyfan2

pray tell me who is disagreeing with that?

I rest my case you have the same conclusion as I ….

16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

TFFT. <ok>

17. johngalleyfan2

takes a while with patience but you got there in the end

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

You mean educating you?

RedorDead likes this.
  19. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

They were also 20 points ahead before the last election , the one that May called hoping to get a large majority to get her Brexit deal through, and we all know how well that went.<laugh>

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

What would it take for Labour to win a General Election? A new leader, and a new Brexit policy.
    What happens if Corbyn maintains ‘alternative Brexit’ policy?
    In this scenario, Labour retains 38% of its 2017 voters, but slightly more would move to the Lib Dems (39%). In essence, sticking to its current position results in Labour losing half (51%) of its post-2017 defectors to the Lib Dems.

What happens if Corbyn opposes Brexit and supports a new referendum?
    The Lib Dems’ fall and Labour’s rise could be driven by a split in the Remain vote. In this scenario, the proportion of Remainers who said they would vote Lib Dem falls to 40%, while the proportion who would vote Labour rises to 33%.
    What’s more, whilst Labour retains 50% of its 2017 voters in this scenario, one in four would still move to the Lib Dems (25%).

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic...would-it-take-labour-win-general-election-new