1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Who Will Be the Last Tory Standing - Prime Minister Election.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jun 7, 2019.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

3. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Honestly, I have absolutely no faith in Abbott or Corbyn or any of the lot. But the Government's since 2010 have been so bad I honestly don't see how they could be any worse. Unless they somehow manage to literally divert the Earth's path into a black hole or something <laugh>. We're the 5th richest country on the planet and yet the rich somehow get richer while poverty increases. It's ridiculous. Where we disagree is whether Brexit is the answer or not.

Seriously, it's absolute s**t on both sides and it sickens me.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Mate I don’t want Corbyn, Abbott or Boris or Hunt - but we will be stuck with one of them.
    With a gun to my head I’d have to choose Hunt.
    Nothing to do with Brexit either - I just hate the other 3 more

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

International treaty law says we will be leaving the EU on 31st October.

Boris said he wont seek another extension as there has been 2 already and its not fair on businesses.

So deal or no deal, we will be leaving 31st October.

For education purposes, what can parliament actually do to stop this from happening? They have already voted down a no deal. But does that go against International treaty law?

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I too don't want Boris or Hunt. But with a gun to my head I would say Boris. I pick him purely down to the lead up to the referendum. He said leave would be so easy. Prove it to us then Boris. Of course it will be difficult now for him because the state that May has left the situation in. People need to remember that if Boris wins the PM role and not to expect Boris to be able to do what he first said during the referendum build up that he could do.

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

If we are leaving on the 31st October according to Boris then he gets my vote.
    Not that I wanted to leave, I just want an end to it and get on with my life

8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

10. bcfcredandwhite

Genuine question with no bias or malintent: is some sort of Brexit achievable by 31st October?
    I would say no. Nothing would get passed by Parliament.
    I’m happy to go on record as predicting Brexit WILL happen, but it will be April next year - unless the Europeans kick us out.
    Boris is promising something he won’t be able to deliver.
    A prediction not a wish - if Boris got to be PM and we Brexited on 31st October with fantastic deals I’d be absolutely delighted to come on here and eat humble pie.
    I just don’t think it will happen within the timescales. It CANT.

11. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Not aside from no deal. The only thing I can see getting through Parliament is some fairytale Brexit where we have everything we currently have + the ability to do our own trade deals. Which is impossible.

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  13. bcfcredandwhite

It’s interesting is t it that a non-binding referendum could be upheld by the overruling of a non-binding commons vote.
    I really genuinely don’t care about Brexit now - I just don’t want any of those ****ers representing me nationally or internationally.

wizered likes this.
  14. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

It makes me smile, Boris is appealing to the 160.000 Tories and Corbyn won't make a decision on a 2nd referendum unless his union members give him the go ahead.

Lions led by Donkies, 'A plague on both your houses' minorities making decisions when the majority are being denied.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  15. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

how can it be spontaneous if they had it in mind to photograph the cars police make the deadline etc it was premeditated just waiting for the opportunity like has been said, many couples have a period where the "relationship has a bad patch" especially at certain times of the month and you have to bear in mind his YL is still a fertile young lady …. and for those who have been through it sometimes it is best to avoid those times [ 1-7 days ].
    for the past 5 or so years I have lived with my wife who has growth on her brain ..it affects her in ways that cause her to irrational and aggressive … and we do have some heated moments lasting maybe a minute to 5 mins our house seems to be fairly well insulated from next door … usually the only thing we here is the occasional door slam... when their dog barks we don't hear in the house go outside and it is barking … "everything was reported fine" she is lower than an amoeba

16. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

did anyone see the HUNT INTERVEIW and the follow ups... he stated " you need to elect a person who you can trust, you can trust me …. " big hole and small boots! he was pounced on almost before he finished his sentence by that lovely lady political expert … "you have just stated you do not trust Boris ! " how can you say such a thing about a fellow MP … I didn't .. yes you did, it is a 2 horse race you said you need to have somebody who you can trust and you can trust you ….. big spade ….. a number of other peeps interviewed after said he has stooped to low tactics... jumping on the band to discredit his opposition … something Boris has not stooped to yet …… etc …. also stated[ part of his distrust bit ] I have been waiting 30 years for this job and gave the impression he would go to any length to get it …. and I WAS leaning toward Hunt, not so sure now ….

17. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

He was a remainer just like May.
    Boris all the way.

18. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

19. bcfcredandwhite

But Corbyn is a Brexiteer. He’s your friend .......

20. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

My thoughts are that Boris will get in, but won't deliver Brexit, so a general election will be called.....Tories will need to get in bed with "The Brexit Party" and will get a majority to stop Corbyn & Abacus getting in.....
    And then Brexit............when? Who knows!! <confused>