1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

who else wants money ?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Sep 6, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

I agree with itstimupnorth, I would be amazed if the US government could enforce any freezing of our clubs assets, we are the innocent party in this - and of course the defendant at this time. I'd very much doubt they could even seize his home(s), criminal lawyers for a defendant would have a field day at any attempt to do so. After all a lot of assets belong to innocent parties in such situations, ie family etc. It would be merely criminal proceeds and profit and how a defendant would repay that. Although I guess at this stage any defendant would be more concerned with any prison sentence handed down, I'm not sure about in the US but in the UK it's a maximum of 14 years although would be for something running into excess of £30M, so £6M a much smaller sum but prison of some lengthy period would still be handed down for any defendant found guilty. The bench mark in the UK for money laundering is set by category and for a sum of £2-10M and dependent on the category, the sentencing ranges from 5-9 years. My guess if tried and found guilty in the UK six years, but the US like to chuck fines and sentencing around like confetti, so watch this space!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. brb

brb CR250

Bump...

Here we go again, Sunday Times have reported that Anderson has filed a High Court case demanding repayment of more than £900K.

I wonder if the £5 ticket offers will cover it <whistle>