1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who else has never lived in Hull or even East Yorkshire?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Jimmy Graham's bald head, Dec 16, 2011.

1. adamisme

adamisme Member

neither will i thanks to the radio commentary, okay not the same as being in person but still. And I living the dream

2. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

I'll remember to cite this thread when the piss gets ripped out of a certain club's out of town support. <ok>

3. Jimmy Graham's bald head

Jimmy Graham's bald head Well-Known Member

Funny, I don't remember posting this on the Leeds board?

4. WSTiger

WSTiger Well-Known Member

No does not sound like a Drill Sergeant since you want on to Wiltshire-I presume Blanford so he must have been in the Signals, what was his name may have known him.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Do people take the piss out of your out of town support?

I thought it was just your local support that was the target of derision. :emoticon-0110-tongu

6. Jerel Ifil

I don't remember you posting it on the Leeds board either. In fact, it's not even on the Leeds board. That's right, I'm genuinely interested enough in your team to visit your board and comment sometimes. :emoticon-0104-surpr

Well it's ****ing dreadful to be fair.

7. andy payton's mullet

andy payton's mullet Well-Known Member

Face it Leeds-18 - you're a tigers supporter. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Embrace it

8. Jerel Ifil

:bandit:

9. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

First 6 months in Hotham, next near 20 something years in North Cave last 8 in South Cave. With a 3 year university stint in Lancashire and 18 months living in Cheshire. No place like home <laugh>

10. onceatiger

onceatiger Active Member

Born Hull - supported City from my teens - lots of memories of the 1960s team, including being at Chelsea for the great comeback ( and BP for the replay!) Moved to Bradford then London (Finsbury park - within hearing of Highbury, hence my second team is the Gunners) Now retired on the south coast and able to see the Tigers at Fratton, St Mary's and the Amex. Oh and My sisters got a season ticket...................

11. amberosia

amberosia Member

It is a different thing. Those people haven't chosen City because they wanted to latch on to a more successful or better supported club than their local one. Most in fact support City because their family were originally from Hull. Nothing wrong if somebody living elsewhere supports Leeds because their family were from there. What is objectionable is people from places with heir own club who have no connection with Leeds supporting them. Especially the most despicable ones of the lot, the ones who blather on about how proud they are to support their local RL club but support Leeds (or Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea or anybody else).

12. Toledo Tiger

Toledo Tiger Member

Time for me to tell an uninteresting story.

A few years back, I picked up a cheap copy of Fifa 06 (I think) for my old XBox. I had always been a fan of the US national team, but decided that I would start seriously following the club game. Looking around for a team to start with, I chose, totally at random, Hull City. I led them up to the Premier League and signed some of my favorite American players along the way. A love affair was born.

Now, I never miss a Humberside broadcast of a game (thanks to Dazed's wonderful site), and I proudly wear a Jozy Altidore #9 home shirt with some frequency. Once, when I was still in school, I wore that shirt to my Modern Russia class. A guy across the room asked why I was wearing a Hull shirt when I could be a Manchester United fan. I said to him, "I'd rather support a real club." That shut him up. <ok>

13. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Love it <ok>

14. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

That's at least 2 of us still alive that when to both games against Chelsea, we should have won in London as Kirkup handled on the line and it should have been a pen. I wonder how many more there are on these boards?

15. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

top marks old boy.

Absolutely brilliant.

16. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

Orchard Park, The Avenues, Brough, Boothferry Road, Brough, (Almost Florida) but ended up in Costa-Del-Hornsea (Don't ask me how, its a huge difference) now on Kingswood but will be packing my bags next year and leaving Hullywood to enter the humble city of 'Manchester'.

My Dad took me to my first game at Boothferry Park although he was a Man United fan but i refused to support them and instead chose to support the Tigers.

17. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Another top story. We welcome our American cousins.

Have you been to a match in England?

Thought the US were up for it in the World Cup and were miles better to watch then us. And that's not an easy thing to say for, as i hate seeing our national team do badly.

18. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

Quality that we have some Americans on board.

Not least because they're finally watching a proper sport!

Joke...

19. Hythe tiger

Hythe tiger Member

Dover born and followed hull for over 30 years, my nan and grandad bought me a city strip around 83/84 the amber one with the red pinstripes. Still got the shirt as my grandad passed away not long after.

20. Robbierocket

Robbierocket Member

Bit late on this but I've never lived in Hull or Yorkshire either, lived in Northampton all my life. Mum's from Hull though and my Grandad, who stayed in the area, used to take me to the odd League 2 game when he was alive. Applied for University in Hull this year basically just for the football, my Dad's said he'd buy me a season ticket if I came and I'm finding it very hard to resist the offer.