1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who do you want to get fourth?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ivor Biggun, Feb 7, 2012.

1. MyWordIsGospel

It would be a win for football if Newcastle prevented Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool to 4th, and lets not forget whilst managed by an englishman in Pardew who has worked wonders on tyneside.

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

It would be a win for football if Liverpool had a second straight season without European football. Of course, their fans would still require a remarkable amount of convincing that maybe, just maybe, there's a list of very good reasons for this happening...

3. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If Pardew gets 4th spot for Newcastle he has got to be Manager of the Year, hands down. Heck, even if he only gets top six he still deserves it for what he's achieved in such a short space of time and in such a difficult situation.

4. topdawg

topdawg Member

my choice is sunderland to make an amazing bid for fourth. how **** must stevie bruce be?

5. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

As much as I'm sure alot of us would like to see Newcastle snatch it, I don't realy see them as realistic challengers for that position, I just don't see them having enough.

Obviously we all want to see Liverpool miss out, but it would be funny if Chelsea miss out aswell with all the cash theyve thrown at the game. I don't realy like Arsenal much but atleast they play football the right way, so il say I hope they get 4th:biggrin:

6. Daveunited

Daveunited Well-Known Member

It would be great if Newcastle got it,the wumming that the other 3 teams would get would be intense

7. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

In answer to the original question: Manchester United.

But if it's anything of an olive branch, I hope the three teams above you are Spurs, City and Newcastle. Compared to the rest of the traditional top four you're lovely.

8. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

After all the controversy when they sacked Hughton as well. There were protests over it just 15 months ago. He's done an amazing job. Looking at their competition they're the team i want to finish 4th by default, but what a story it would be nevertheless.

9. Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun Member

Pardew has done a good job, but I still think its shocking how Ashley shat on Hughton.

10. stopthepress

stopthepress Member

The weird thing with Newcastle is that, even when they're stretched to the limit and bring in inferior players, they still play well.

Hard to put your finger on why, other than a solid work ethic. The scouting system will probably reap rewards for them in the long run, and Ashley has to take some credit for that.

11. King Shergar

Pardew has done an amazing job there, he seems to be a great man motivator. There were alot of guys in that Newcastle side who were low on confidence, and he's managed to make them believe they are good enough. He has transformed the careers of so many players in that side, by making them believe they are good enough. Look at the man of the match performance from Guthrie on Sunday, he was only filling in for Cabbaye and he was the best player on the park, no other manager has ever got performances like that out of him. Even Shola Ameobi looks like a decent player when he comes off the bench, remember the rocket he scored to equalise late on against Spurs, there's no way Ameobi would have been capable of making an impact like that before Pardew came along.

So although Newcastle have a great work ethic, I'm sure there success this season is down to more than just hard work, he has installed a belief and confidence in his players, that they are capable of competing and beating anyone, and this seems to have been installed right throughout the squad, not just the first 11. It does not matter how talented a player is, if they are not confident, they will not show that talent, just ask Fernando Torres.

There are some managers who know how to get the best out of there players and Pardew is one of those.*

The problem for Newcastle will be hanging onto him, the FA want an English manager to replace Capello after the Euros, and he and Redknapp are the best 2, and even if its Redknapp they choose, who's to say Spurs won't come knocking for Pardew:biggrin:*

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

City. That means they didn't win the league and will probably spend another billion quid and fall foul of the FFS.:D

13. humanbeingincroydon

He sorted out the dressing room as soon as possible, too - Barton and Nolan had far too much control of it by all accounts, he ships them out over the summer and brings in Cabaye and some canny signings to go with a pretty good nucleus of a side, so on the one hand it's not a surprise them having a good season - but to do so well, even when they were expected to plummet down the league after losing their unbeaten record, says a lot.

14. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Arsenal ahead of Spurs, Chelsea third

15. Ferrari

Ferrari New Member

Na there start dropping down the league soon. O'Neils luck will run out soon just like all his other clubs.

16. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not mine, anyone but newcastle. I'm still waiting for their bubble to burst.

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Ideal table

City
    Howard Webb
    Chelsea
    newcastle
    Spurs
    Arsenal
    Sunderland
    Stoke
    Liverpool

18. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Definitely - apparently only around 5% of Newcastle fans were happy with Pardew's appointment, and the first thing he had to do was sell his most effective striker. Sounds a lot like Hodgson at Liverpool, tho' to be fair the Toon fans are a lot more willing to be patient and give credit where it's due.

Realistic table:

City
    Utd
    Spurs
    Newcastle
    Arsenal
    Fulham bitters
    Sunderland
    Scouse bitters
    Everton

<ok>

19. humanbeingincroydon

Still clinging to that one, eh?

20. King Shergar

I think it's fair to say Spurs have surpassed both Chelsea and Arsenal as the best side in London, you can't argue with the league table. The problem there going to have, is keeping hold of the likes of Bale and Modric. Apparently Barcelona are keen on signing Bale in the summer, to play on the left of there 3 man attack, as Villa has started to kick his toys out of the pram, because he wants to play centrally. Though he's got no chance with Messi in the side :biggrin: