1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who do we think /or hope to be the new manager

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by vinney, Dec 31, 2014.

1. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

With Xisco as a first signing... (looks away with tearful eyes)

2. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

If he becomes available due to Pardew bringing his own backroom staff, what's the thought on Keith Millen?

3. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

John Askey was apparently at Port Vale watching the game today. Not sure if he's going for our job or scouting some players but doesn't really fit the young and flamboyant mould.

One person who I can't help but think about is Uwe Rösler. Turned Brentford from an average League One team into an attractive footballing team and it was on his foundations that they were promoted under Warburton. Also saved Wigan from relegation after taking over the reins from Coyle, probably harshly sacked but could be our gain. Plays good football and could certainly improve us. He's my choice.

4. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

Ade Pennock is now favourite on skybet at 11/8. Sky have as little knowledge as we do but have finally realised that the Dennis Wise thing isn't going to happen.

5. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

That said, Skybet have Keds at 33/1 for the job...:emoticon-0138-think

6. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Ade Pennock is a good possibly as he is young, knows the club and did his apprenticeship under Pulis at Stoke and doing a good job as manager at Forest Green at the moment.

7. The Gills PegLeg

I'm sure that Pennock fell out with the club regarding his testimonial so I doubt he will return. He's also been underachieving at Forest Green as they have a fair bit of spare cash for a non league side.

8. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

Nathan Jones (Brighton's assistant manager under Garcia and now Hughton) is shown as a new entry on Skybet this morning. He along with Ardley and Day (Day growing increasingly unlikely) seem the most viable mentioned.

9. The Gills PegLeg

I'm still in the mindset that Rösler is the best candidate and meets all of the criteria that Mr Scally listed in the radio interview

gillslad69 likes this.
  10. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

You're quite right, he does look like he would be a good appointment; he did do well with Brentford and reversed the situation he turned up to at Wigan admirably. I just wonder if he would be able to manage us on a shoe string. Time will tell and hopefully soon. Each day of the windows that passes is making me more nervous.

11. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

A poster on fans on line says that Justin Edinburgh was at the game last night . Maybe nothing in it but he still lives in Essex. He may of coursebeen scouting players

12. KFG

KFG Active Member

I would personally like Sean O`Driscoll,but he doesn`t fit Scally`s young and flamboyant tag.I have read good things about Nathan Jones from the Brighton fans,so he could be a decent option.

13. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I think Nathan Jones is the one for us. I would be happy with him as manager. I know he hasn't got experience but from what I have read about him he seems like he could make a good manager.

14. Lenny38

Lenny38 Member

We're in a relegation dogfight, I don't want any untried young manager. Give me some experience. Not Hessy....

15. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

The most important short term issue is to take advantage of the run of (comparatively) easy fixtures over the next month. This was a period when Gills might have been expected to climb the table and managerial uncertainty puts it all at risk. If there was ever a prospect of plucking relegation from the jaws of lower mid table safety, then this was the way to do it.

16. The Gills PegLeg

Bristol please stop harping on about Taylor. He's gone, there's nothing anyone can do about it now apart from get behind the team and whoever comes in next. It may not have been a decision that was popular with a few people but it happened.

17. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

Mark Robson was in attendance at the game on Tuesday. Odd that he hasn't been mentioned as much as others who have no ties.

18. hullgills

hullgills Member

Another ex-Gills, can we please appoint somebody without any previous connections to us. A fresh face with new ideas is whats needed.

19. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

Not to mention the ill fated Barnet spell. Scally is keeping his cards close to his chest on this one.

20. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member