1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who could replace Puel

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, May 7, 2018.

1. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Agree that Andy King is a true team player, but that doesn't change the fact that he is not really very influential and is well down the pecking order. His reputation only seems to rise when he doesn't play.

HarboroughFox likes this.
  2. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, here's my penny's worth.

Should Puel stay or go? I'm a bit on the fence at the moment, but would probably edge towards stay....and here's why.

The owners have said they are willing to spend 100+million this summer, so if Puel is to stay, he would be able to bring his own players in to suit the style of play he wants here at LCFC. At the minute, it's square pegs in round holes due to the fact of injuries and suspensions, plus many of the squad can't seem to play his way.
    So, we give Puel the kitty to spend and get rid of certain players he doesn't want. He has a full pre season with his new squad and hopefully get them playing the way he wants. If this is the case, the owners have to give him the season, as it's pointless giving him 100+ million to spend, then sacking him in October, just because the team haven't gelled. We would just be going round in circles, yet again!!!!

I know things are not pretty to watch at the moment, but let's get this season out of the way, write it off as "opportunities missed" and look forward to a new style of play come August.

I know his post match interviews are boring and to be honest, you could play a recording of an interview from last January and it will sound exactly the same as last week's!!

But let's look at the bigger picture, because if we do sack him, some of the names mentioned as his replacement are laughable. Benitez? haha, why the hell would he come to Leicester?!

Schmeichel, Simpson, Chilwell, Albrighton, Ndidi, Okazaki have all been missing recently and all would probably start most of the time too, so let's not be too critical of the starting line ups.

Anyway, whatever happens, I will be walking through the turnstiles next season....will you?

nzfoxfan and FosseFilberto like this.
  3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Yh but he is happy here and by what the players say an asset to the squad

He is low maintence and while he never has 10/10 performance he really lets us down. He always does a job and can be relied on. We should keep him

BigFox likes this.
  4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I agree - from what I have heard, he didn't want to leave and was willing to stay and fight for a place but we accepted the offer from Swansea.