1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who are bigger: Fulham or QPR

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Jul 30, 2012.

1. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

QPR are definitely expanding, I think it would be a tad myopic to suggest they aren't. Even when I went to Florida in the official "Soccer" shop they had QPR shirts, they didn't have West Ham, Fulham or even Spurs all of whom would be considered "bigger" clubs than QPR.

Personally I don't feel the need to compare each other. Aside from the four London clubs I hate (Obvious 3 & Millwall) I like all the London teams to do well.

Rather than compare and try and knock each other we should be pleased that in a year our great city is hosting the Olympics we've got 6 clubs of our own in the top flight (nearly 1/3 of the division), none of whom look in immediate danger of going down so youd imagine we could add to that

2. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Didn't suggest they weren't growing. I posted a few months back that I wanted QPR to go down last season because I believed they would be much stronger this season. But they have not suddenly become Man Utd overnight.

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

The point is Bandit that you made out that no one in Scandinavia knows us and your comments were wrong. We have quite a few fans that come over from that part of the world to watch us (flags as well). Now be a big boy and own up to being wrong. <ok>

4. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

And uniquely 3 from the same London Borough. Which makes what you say DL all the more sensible.

5. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

You might want to read back what Bandit said. You reckon he was wrong in saying the football fans he spoke to hadn't heard of you? Would you like to back that up?

Actually, I'm wasting my breath. You must get tired of being proven wrong repeatedly, surely?

6. Take Me Home Al Fayed

Using that evidence would make you twice a big as UTD and 50 Times bigger that City… May be in 10 years but not quite let!

7. Take Me Home Al Fayed

That would be a classic name!

8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I think we all know what he was getting at?

Blood hell DL you can get the shirts in Dubia and the US but not here!

9. District Line

Forum Moderator

2nd smallest London borough as well which makes the achievement more incredible. There's about 2.5 miles seprarsting all 3 H&F clubs.

I'd rather focus on that than snipe over who's Dad is bigger than who. Leave that to Liverpool and United fans.

10. District Line

Forum Moderator

I was stunned to go in Shep Bush Westfield again and still not see anywhere you could buy a QPR shirt. You could even buy West Ham (who are all the way over on the other side of London and have a Westfield of their own).

I've always thought that the South and Midlands Moreso does itself down by promoting northern clubs and not their own. That's why we'll always have a high % of glory hunters in London.

Why not take down the LFC/MUFC merchandise and just replace them with QPR and Fulham merchandise instead? What's wrong with promoting our own? I'd be amazed if you could go into a northern Sports Direct and buy a Chelsea or Arsenal shirt never mind Fulham or QPR. I dream of a day where I can pass through London and not see a Liverpool/United shirt in site.

Oh well. Rant over :grin:

11. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

As Bidley has said, I claimed the people I spoke to had not heard of you, not the entire country. You then attempted to prove me wrong by showing me a website that has 81 members. Norway has a population of around 5 million people. These aren't figures that exactly fall in your favour.

If I searched hard enough, I could find 81 Norwegians who have heard of Farnborough FC. Doesn't mean they have a following though.

12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Look bandit you know exactly what i was saying. I know we have a Sandinavian following because i have seen them turn up at the ground and post videos on YouTube. I have seen the websites so they do exist. We even have posters called NorwayRanger and Finhoop on this forum!

13. District Line

Forum Moderator

Every Championship fan I know wanted the opposite.

If West Ham and QPR had been in that division nobody would have good a prayer of automatic qualification

14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Now you know how i feel. For years you could really only by the kit from the club shop Now the board are flooding the markets in Asia/Dubia/India and hopefully here in England?

15. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

I can imagine. Especially as Leicester and Blackburn also have financial backing to take the league by storm. Although the Championship always springs a surprise or two, ala Southampton/Reading last season. Birmingham, Hull, Cardiff, Bolton, Wolves, Middlesborough, Watford and Leeds will also fancy their chances of promotion. What a wonderful league.

16. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Well said, DL.

17. Take Me Home Al Fayed

When I went to Loftus road last season I seen some proper fat ar5e guys and even bigger women in their XXXXL QPR ****s&#8230; If we are getting into a who&#8217;s Dad is bigger debate I suspect QPR will win that hands down.

I know horizontal stripes aren&#8217;t slimming but some of the guys I seen down there were straight out of the Klumps.

18. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Obviously have yet to feast your eyes upon our own fatties in their skin tight Kappa shirts <laugh>

19. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

Nothing like a fatty in a skin tight white shirt walking through the rain to bring your lunch up!

20. CFC: Champs £launderx17

I have to say Chelsea fans from Esher and Chessington seem to be the fattest fans, especially in the bucket seats in the Matty Harding.

Rangers fans seem to be the more chavvy wirey kids from Feltham singing about vodka and charlie.
    Chelsea used to have a lot of these types in the 90s but fortunately not so many these days!