1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Which Way forward with brexit -Poll

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by gelders pie, Dec 12, 2018.

?

Possible scenarios

Poll closed Dec 14, 2018.
  1. Theresa May PM - with this deal

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Boris JohnsonPM -with his version , whatever that is

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Jeremy Corbyn PM - and whatever

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Let Harry King of the jungle sort them out

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

i wouldn't trust Johnson to hold my dogs lead when he has a piss never mind negotiate a Brexit deal..:emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

2. spirit of 73

spirit of 73 Well-Known Member

Brian Wadd From: Richard Knocker (Ex-pilot in the Gulf wars)

OK so we’ve had the worst-case scenario for leaving the EU given to us by numerous outlets ranging from the Bank of England to the spoiled prepubescent acting momentum supporter and everyone in-between.
    So, I am now going to tell you the worst-case scenario of remaining in the EU based on actual known factors and figures, sourced from the public records of the UK Government, the EU Parliament, The Bank of England, the CBI, Migration watch, The Stock exchanges around the world, the IMF, and the UN.
    So those of you who think that this little rant is a tin foil hat moment by myself think again and go and fully research and cross reference what I am about to tell you and remember this is worst-case scenario that could happen unless I clearly point out where it will happen by either a date or other factor.

KNOWN OUTCOMES THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN AGREED AS TRUE BY ALL SIDES:

1: The UK along with all existing members of the EU lose their abstention veto in 2020 as laid down in the Lisbon Treaty when the system changes to that of majority acceptance with no abstentions or veto’s being allowed.
    2: All member nations will become states of the new federal nation of the EU by 2022 as clearly laid out in the Lisbon treaty with no exceptions or veto’s.
    3: All member states must adopt the Euro by 2022 and any new member state must do so within 2 years of joining the EU as laid down in the Lisbon treaty.
    4: The London stock exchange will move to Frankfurt in 2020 and be integrated into the EU stock exchange resulting in a loss of 200,000 plus jobs in the UK because of the relocation. This has already been pre-agreed and is only on a holding pattern due to the Brexit negotiations, which if Brexit does happen the move is fully cancelled but if not and the UK remains a member it’s full steam ahead for the move.
    5: The EU Parliament and ECJ become supreme over all legislative bodies of the UK.
    6: The UK will adopt 100% of whatever the EU Parliament and ECJ lays down without any means of abstention or veto, negating the need for the UK to have the Lords or even the Commons as we know it today.
    7: The UK will NOT be able to make its own trade deals.
    8: The UK will NOT be able to set its own trade tariffs.
    9 The UK will NOT be able to set its own trade quotas.
    10: The UK loses control of its fishing rights
    11: The UK loses control of its oil and gas rights
    12: The UK loses control of its borders and enters the Schengen region by 2022 as clearly laid down in the Lisbon treaty
    13: The UK loses control of its planning legislation
    14: The UK loses control of its armed forces including its nuclear deterrent
    15: The UK loses full control of its taxation policy
    16: The UK loses the ability to create its own laws and to implement them
    17: The UK loses its standing in the Commonwealth
    18: The UK loses control of any provinces or affiliated nations e.g.; Falklands, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar ect
    19: The UK loses control of its judicial system
    20: The UK loses control of its international policy
    21: The UK loses full control of its national policy
    22: The UK loses its right to call itself a nation in its own right.
    23: The UK loses control of its space exploration program
    24: The UK loses control of its Aviation and Sea lane jurisdiction
    25: The UK loses its rebate in 2020 as laid down in the Lisbon treaty
    26: The UK’s contribution to the EU is set to increase by an average of 1.2bn pa and by 2.3bn pa by 2020

PROBABLE WORST-CASE OUTCOMES

1: The UK will become nothing more than a vassal protectorate state
    2: With the continuation of freedom of movement, the population of the UK will continue to grow at a rate higher than pre-referendum level ranging between 400,000 to 675,000 per annum.
    2.1; Which will result in not just wage suppression but even wage depression.
    2.2; More than 500,000 new homes to be built annually (We are currently only managing 125,000)
    2.3; House prices and rents will skyrocket annually by 23%
    2.4; Class sizes in schools would have to increase by 50% if not even double
    2.5; The NHS will become solely an emergency service of care provider as they would no longer be able to cope with the numbers of people needing care other than those of emergency.
    2.6; GP’s will become triage centres
    2.7; Public transport will become permit holders use only
    2.8; Only those that did a serious crime namely murder will be given a custodial sentence
    2.9; The Court system becomes fully overrun to the point extreme cases only being heard and the rest being given an automatic fine
    2.10; Emergency services collapsing for not being able to cope with the scale of things
    2.11; Social care becoming solely private social care for those who can afford it.
    2.12; Homelessness to increase by over 28% annually
    2.13; Unemployment to increase annually by 37%
    2.14; The Benefit system to collapse fully to the point of the return of soup kitchens and even workhouse existence
    2.15; Crime to increase by over 59% annually
    2.16; Shanty towns to become the norm standard of housing
    3: Because the UK would no longer be able to make its own trade deals, nor control its tariffs or quotas, Food prices would increase by over 25% and the cost of living would go up by over 39%
    4: Because the UK would lose its oil and gas rights it would also lose the revenue from taxation on them, resulting in a loss of over 600 billion per year in taxation revenue
    5: Because the UK will become a member state its percentage share of the vote on any new laws, regulations, treaties and everything else is at current member numbers 3.57% of the vote. That’s right folks the UK say in the EU if it was to remain a member is 3.57% total
    Everything I have put thus far is just the very extreme tip of the iceberg that is ready to sink the UK if we remain a member of the EU.
    Everything is verifiable by the sources I have already outlined above and is something the EU propaganda machine as well as our very own government are not telling you.
    Remainers keep on bleating about that the people didn’t know all of the facts
    If that’s the case then why are they failing to tell the people the downside or remaining a member of the EU.
    ASK YOURSELVES THAT FACT AND FIND OUT THE TRUE HARD FACTS FOR YOURSELF

Richard Knocker

3. spirit of 73

Found the above excellent statement from Richard knocker and thought I'd share it reflects my thoughts and findings exactly

Makemstine Roger and Saf like this.
  4. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

<laugh>

5. safcfansofaraway

safcfansofaraway Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a hell of a list, who dreamed that lot up, I haven't got time to go through it all but it should be noted that the UK agreed a "Special status deal" with the EU in early 2016 which addresses the first few "Known outcomes" above. A short part of which is copied below...

Recalling in particular that the United Kingdom is entitled under the Treaties:

- not to adopt the euro and therefore to keep the British pound sterling as its currency (Protocol No 15),

- not to participate in the Schengen acquis (Protocol No 19),

- to exercise border controls on persons, and therefore not to participate in the Schengen area as regards internal and external borders (Protocol No 20),

- to choose whether or not to participate in measures in the area of freedom, security and justice (Protocol No 21),

- to cease to apply as from 1 December 2014 a large majority of Union acts and provisions in the field of police cooperation and judicial cooperation in criminal matters adopted before the entry into force of the Lisbon Treaty while choosing to continue to participate in 35 of them (Article 10(4) and (5) of Protocol No 36),

Irrespective of the above, I voted leave, hope that my vote still counts but if I had to vote again, I would vote again to leave, with a capital X.

6. blackcatforever

blackcatforever Well-Known Member

Johnson, can't deal a hand of happy families.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  7. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Well apparently I'm on the same side as this guy. But that's the biggest load of bollocks I've read on not606 in many a year. And that includes everything Sexton has ever written on the PL forum!

Nordic and Montysoptician like this.
  8. spirit of 73

Thank you my friend praise I am truly not worthy of!

9. Burly Hurley

Not you 73, that knocker bloke.

Sorry about that. :emoticon-0150-hands

10. spirit of 73

No problems mate just threw the article out there as ground bait looking for nibbles. We good where do you get those shaky hands thing ?

11. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

When ever I see Richard i think of turd hence turd knocker

12. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

In the box where you wrote your comments. You'll see a smiling face emoji :) Just click on that and it will bring up all the shaky hands thing and everything else.

13. spirit of 73

Cheers saffy:emoticon-0148-yes: it works:emoticon-0170-ninja

14. Burly Hurley

Its in the middle of the emoji's mate.

Just tap the smile face symbol above. Can't miss it.

15. spirit of 73

Cheers mate saffy pointed it out also so I will send you one of these:emoticon-0150-hands

Burly Hurley likes this.
  16. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

Lets imagine that we have another referendum and this time the result is to stay.
    Will that satisfy the politicians and the voters?
    I doubt it.

So do we then go to number three?

Are we going to follow the Scottish referenda examples where their politicians will demand a referendum until they get the result that THEY want. (After that there will be no more if the SNP can help it).

Personally I want out at whatever cost.
    The whole organisation has nothing to recommend it other than the free trade agreements.
    But these carry with them a legal system totally foreign to us and levels of bureaucracy, inefficiency and corruption that should never be tolerated in democratic countries.

As for the current problem, let the government advertise now for building contractors to start putting up the borders in Ireland.
    IF the EU doesn't like this then free trade is available to them.

Lets not forget that when/if trade barriers come up they are going to effect the EU countries even more than they will The UK.

17. spirit of 73

Another point mate is they want to put 3 questions on the ballot 2 for remain scenarios one for leave, splitting the leave vote to the political advantage of the government, they are just cheating morons and should be removed from governing a country they obviously don't care about.

18. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Regardless of what happens, there’s going to be a lot of pissed off people. Brexit has ripped this country apart and our inability to negotiate has turned us into a laughing stock!

Nordic, clockstander, Riever and 4 others like this.
  19. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Theresa May, at least, does care about the country. The deal she's negotiated is about the best deal there is- you can't join a club, then decide you don't want to be in the club but keep all the advantages of being in the club. The problem comes from people like Rees-Mogg on one side and Corbyn on the other who are just hoping that the situation plays out so that they can push their own outdated and naive ideologies. In a situation like this there should be cross party collaboration in order to avert what could become a national crisis.

20. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

The idea that the Westminster parties should cooperate on Brexitnegotiations is gaining support from the public, businesses and senior politicians from across the political spectrum.

With less than a week before formal negotiations with the EU are due to get under way, politicians including John Major, William Hague, Yvette Cooper, Harriet Harman and Nicola Sturgeon are openly calling for all parties to be involved in the talks.

They are hoping that a consensual approach will secure a softer version of Brexit than the one threatened by Theresa May in January, when she ruled out membership of the single market and the customs union.

A post-election poll by YouGov found that 51% would prefer Brexit to be negotiated by a cross-party team.

YouGov(@YouGov)
    Majority of Brits want Brexit to be negotiated by a cross-party team - 30% want the Tories to negotiate them alone https://t.co/coswZ4rX3Npic.twitter.com/7w9uDc7Mc6

June 12, 2017
    A petition calling on Brexit to be negotiated by a multi-party committee has more than 80,000 signatures.

Senior figures in the City, including the HSBC chairman, Douglas Flint, and Anne Richards, the head of asset managers M&G, have also called for an “all the talents” approach to Brexit, according to the FT.

The Conservative former prime minister Sir John Major has become the most senior figure to back opening up the Brexit negotiations. Speaking on BBC Radio 4’s World at One programme, he said: “The views of the 48% cannot be brushed aside as some of the more rigorous hardline Brexiteers wish … I don’t think we should rule out the concept of a really good deal on the single market.”

He added: “We need to get down to solid details in these negotiations. The referendum was an awful campaign on both sides. The public need facts and not idle hopes about our future negotiations with the European Union. It would be very wise indeed to bring in much wider parliamentary opinion so that when the prime minister has a deal she can be certain going to have parliamentary and public support for that deal.”

Frontbench Labour figures have not publicly backed the idea. Since the election Jeremy Corbyn has spoken in vague terms about the need for a “jobs-first Brexit”. But the Telegraph claimed senior cabinet ministers were in talks with Labour MPs to secure cross-party backing for a soft Brexit.

Asked whether Corbyn should support and serve on any cross-party Brexit commission, Labour’s former deputy leader Harriet Harman told the BBC: “Well, I think that’s a matter for him to decide, but I think that it would be in the national interest for us to try and stop the pig’s ear of a job that the Tories have been doing.”

The prominent leave campaigner Michael Gove, who has returned to the cabinet in May’s minor reshuffle, said he wanted to achieve consensus on Brexit in the national interest.

He said he rejected the terms soft and hard Brexit. Speaking to BBC Breakfast, he said he had discussed Brexit with his opponents. “I talk to politicians from every party in order to make sure that we get the right approach. During the referendum campaign I worked with Labour politicians like Gisela Stuart and in this [last] parliament I’ve been on the Brexit select committee with Hilary Benn and a variety of others, so of course I talk to people from different parties, that’s what governing in the national interest is all about.”

On Monday the former shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper called for a cross-party commission on Brexit. Writing in the Guardian, she said:

After the referendum last year, I called for the government to approach this in a cross-party way to get the best deal. Now it is more important than ever. There is neither strength nor stability in a narrow, bunkered one-party approach; you need to include people with different ideas to get the best deal and widest support.

So we should set up a small cross-party commission to conduct the negotiations, and have a clear and transparent process to build consensus behind the final deal. It should be accountable to parliament but avoid getting caught up in the inevitable hung parliament political rows.

The Conservative former foreign secretary William Hague put forward a similar argument in an article for the Telegraph on Tuesday. He wrote:

Call in the CBI, the Institute of Directors, the British Chambers of Commerce, the Federation of Small Businesses, the TUC, the first ministers of the devolved governments, and the leaders of all the opposition parties – yes, even Corbyn – leading MPs of all parties, and say: ‘If you are willing to discuss how to make this work within these parameters, come in and we will be open to your views. There isn’t a perfect solution, but on how to conduct a transitional period and how to help the economy through Brexit as a priority we will work with you. Otherwise, we will just have to try to do this without you.’

Others pushing the idea include the Labour peer Andrew Adonis, the longstanding Labour MP Barry Sheerman, and Nicola Sturgeon, the SNP leader.

On Monday Sturgeon called on May to pause the Brexit negotiations. “It is imperative that we now build a cross-party, all-government approach to Brexit that will protect all of our interests at this highly uncertain time,” she said. “The strongest possible position in the Brexit negotiations will be one that is backed by all parties and all governments across the UK.”

Writing in the Standard, Lord Adonis said: “If the mainstream majority among Tory and Labour MPs assert themselves across the party divide, they can save us from the deep damage which a majority Theresa May government would have inflicted on the UK by forcing Britain out of the European single market and customs union.”

That article was dated 13th June 2017.